Human Resource Internship Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Human Resource Internship Interview Questions

Human resource internship interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

Tell me about an time when you did not get along with someone you were working with, what did you do, and what were the results

1 Answer

I talked about a current coworker who has a different work style than mine. I hit on the major points of what the problem was, and then told my interviewer how I used effective communication and empathy to work better with this co-worker. I concluded my answer detailing the success of a program that we had put together, and how although we were different, we found common ground to work with one another and next time we work together things will be easier.

The only question asked was, "Tell me what you're currently studying and 3 interesting things about yourself."

1 Answer

How have you shown leadership throughout your college career.

1 Answer

What would you do if you had an attendance problem because a bunch of employees made sure that they used all of their two weeks of sick leave every year, and their family maternity leave, and it cost the company $1,000 per employee per every two weeks for those who used the benefit? So, you're paying-out this money, but getting no production back for the company. How do you get people to show up for work instead of using their sick leave?

Have you ever had a situation you were not expecting and how did you deal with it?

Tell a time when you had to explain a complex message to someone

What is a mistake you made and how did you recover

There weren't any difficult questions, just questions about why I wanted to work at HP, why a career in HR, etc.

No really difficult questions. I would say make sure to research the company before hand because they definitely ask why you would want to work there and what you know about the company.

110 of 25 Interview Questions