Human resources director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Human resources director Interview Questions

"As a Human Resources Director, you'll be responsible for implementing and enforcing new HR policies, handling ethical violations, and keeping the office culture enjoyable and healthy. Expect to discuss your experience working in HR and provide examples of how you've resolved conflicts in the past. Your interviewer will want to know if you are capable of creating and implementing new policies, so be ready to offer suggestions to various HR issues such as employee recruiting or compensation."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Tell me about a time when you were faced with politics in the office that threatened to derail a project.

21 Answers

Give a real life example.

Two colleagues got in a heated argument and refused to work with each other. They both had skills that were essential to completing a group project we were working on, so we couldn’t continue without their cooperation. I brought them into HR one at a time to speak to them one-on-one. I was able to resolve the issue between both of them by finding a middle ground.

Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

What strategy would you implement to recruit the best candidates to work for S&N?

32 Answers

What was the most difficult employee relations situation I had been involved in?

Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

What can my past experience and education bring as Director of Operations?

40 Answers

Describe how you would design and implement a complete employee benefits package including health and retirement programs.

What type of environment do you thrive in?

4 Answers

COO’s first interview question was “Are you currently employed?”and went downhill from there.

4 Answers

How long you’ve been in Human Resources?

3 Answers

Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

What I haven't asked you that I should know about you!

2 Answers

My interviews with the recruiter, HR generalist, and with the HR Director in EMEA were as expected: the questions and conversations focused on past experience in program building, policy, employee relations, development, performance metrics, etc. I enjoyed my conversations with all three of these individuals. My interview with the CEO was bizarre at best. He clearly sees this role as primarily the head of recruiting (completely incongruous with the job description and conversations had with the recruiter and other HR professionals on the team) whose job it should be to be in the interviews for every single candidate that gets hired - which is ridiculous, not to mention impossible at scale. I could go on about this single point for an hour. He then told me he wanted me to interview someone on his team and then tell him what that person's personality is, what their faults are. It was very odd and completely out of place. There was zero conversation about, or questions concerning what an HR Director should actually be doing and focusing on. Given that this role would be a first time senior hire in US HR for a company already at 500 employees, I was baffled by the complete disinterest in discussing actual HR. I walked out of that interview feeling like I had just visited the twilight zone.

110 of 548 Interview Questions