iA Financial Group Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

iA Financial Group Interview Questions in Canada

Updated Feb 17, 2017

2.4

Actuarial Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at iA Financial Group (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

1st round was the Phone Interview, and 2nd round was In-person Interview, with 1 from HR and 2 actuaries. Not many technical questions, generally easy interview. Took about 2 weeks to get a final offer.

Interview Questions

• Usually general questions, why do you want to be an actuary and stuff   1 Answer

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at iA Financial Group in September 2016.

Interview

First round was a phone interview with the HR then continue with Panel Interview with the Actuarial Team. The questions was a combination of behavioural and technical skills. They also ask for a behavioural test and explain about your resume and work experience.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at iA Financial Group.

Interview

I received a phone call for the interview. I did not apply for this position, they found my CV in Monster. The interview process was pretty simple, asked about myself and then explained the position available. The interview was with the Branch Director, he is a very nice person. The interview was easy.

Interview Questions

• What do I know about the company?
      How do I feel meeting new people?
      Are you interested on this position?
      1 Answer

Insurance Broker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boucherville, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at iA Financial Group (Boucherville, QC (Canada)).

Interview

I actually never applied, they just found my CV in a database. First step was to pass a test. apparently i just barely failed it so they called me back 2 months later to redo it. I didnt show up. This is a commission job where you must haggle your family members and so on to sell them insurance so you can have food on the table. Far from ideal

Interview Questions

• are you willing to spend your own money? how, much is the minimum you expect to make? How many extra hopurs will you put in...   Answer Question

Conseiller En Securite Financiere Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at iA Financial Group (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

sent my Cv in December received a phone call the next month they had interest in my Cv.
    I met with the interviewer a week later and passed a personality test.
    I was then given a second interview, however I declined the offer as the position salary mostly relie on Commission.
    I dont think a commission job is good at the beginning of a carrier when most of my network does not think of investing yet.
    The company seems interesting and opportunity too, I might reapply once I have gained more experiences and specifically built a bigger network of contacts

Financial Security Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laval, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at iA Financial Group (Laval, QC (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

I received a call from the company telling me they have found my CV on Quebec employment website. The process to apply wasn't very challenging upload your Cv to the quebec employement website and hopefully they will call you

Interview Questions

• Why you are interested to work with them? why this position? do you have customer sales experience? but mainly the interviewer spent most of the time talking about the position and the program . They also made me do at of the interview an assessment test to see my suitability for the job mainly to test your background in insurance companies.   Answer Question

QA Analyst -Vancouver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at iA Financial Group (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

I am a well qualified QA person. I applied online and HR person sent me an email to setup a phone interview. An Australian accent HR person (very polite ) talked to me over the phone.

He asked some behavioral questions, work history and previous position characteristics and so on.
    So I answered the questions ( I was practiced standard behavioral questions before the interview)
    I thought that I did the phone interview well.
    After three days, he sent me an email mentioning that I will not move forward to in person interview.

After three weeks time, I saw through Indeed.com he again posted the job.

So I gave a call to him and ask, Is there any way that you will be able consider me as a candidate?
    He said that this posting is for the same position and he cannot consider.

Then I asked, May I know, why I was not selected for the in person interview.

He said that my answered not compliance with the IA management style.

I asked, what type of person IA management is looking for.?

He did not give me a clear answer.

I suggested him saying that as you couldn't find out one candidate talking to so many qualified people over more than one month period here in Vancouver is not a good sign. Therefore, reconstruct your evaluation process and change it to attract loyal, qualified and can do attitude people. Otherwise you can not find anybody from Vancouver but from anywhere else.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want work for IA?
      What do you expect from management?
      What is you least enjoy when its come to previous job ?
      What is most enjoyed tasks with the previous job ?
      Answer Question

Legal Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at iA Financial Group (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

There is a screening interview followed by two in-person interviews. Interview questions are behavioural. Screening interview is over the phone and is done by the HR manager. In-person interview is with the General Counsel and the HR manager.

Interview Questions

• Experience with insurance law, approach to legal research, work experience that I was proud of.   Answer Question

Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at iA Financial Group (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

Very Laidback, mostly questions on financial knowledge and work ethic. Making sure that they are hiring people that fit in the culture and that will be willing to put in the hours. Nothing to be noted out of the ordinary. I really wouldn't recommend anything to potential hires other than to make sure you are confident and know exactly why you are applying for a certain position, and why Industrial Alliance specifically as a company. Obviously they want, like any company, commited hires that will work hard to benefit everyone in the company.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Financial Security Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at iA Financial Group (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

they want to know how honest you are and what direct sales experience you have, its one on one and they will tell you that this job is not for you so prove why you want it and why you think you can handle it.

Interview Questions

• how do people around you describe you?   1 Answer