iProspect Search Marketing Coordinator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

iProspect Search Marketing Coordinator Interview Questions

Updated Mar 3, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at iProspect (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

First off I want to express how I really wanted to work here and I thought that if I joined iProspect, I could call it my second home and make something out of it. The company doesn’t make the company. It’s the hard working men and women that make the company.

The interview process was a bit of a roller coaster. I had to make a call, wait, call, wait, and then call again. BEFORE pursuing a position here I definitely went to Glassdoor first and took some mental notes. The ones that stuck out to me the most were…

- Don’t be late, or they won’t give you the time of day.
- Don’t sound smarter than they do. And that’s depending on who interviews you.
- Be assertive, but don’t wait too long. Or else nothing happens. Case in point! LoL!!

After talking to someone on the phone I was finally able to make an appointment. It was on a Monday morning as I entered their office. It was nice and very convenient, right above South Station. No way! I was lead down a long hallway into a glass office where I waited. For 10 minutes.

Finally, someone entered. As I greeted them I couldn’t help but notice a slight angry grimace on their face. Remember: this is on a Monday morning. 9am. As they sat down they let out a big sigh and said, “So… Monday morning, huh?”

Oh I’m sorry. You’re the professional here. I’m just trying to get a job with your company. After trying 4 times!!! And the very least, have a career. So excuse me.

I was ready for the interview. But I don’t think this person was. I mean, you’re supposed to take it easy on Sunday nights and prepare for the week. Not pretend it’s Friday and down a couple of cosmopolitans like you won the lottery or something.

I was interviewed by 4 people. Each one higher than the last in the corporate ladder. Wow, so no pressure I guess.

- First interviewer seemed like they really didn’t want to be there. Asked me simple questions until finally cutting it short and making a bee line for the exit.

- Second interviewer seemed like they were basking in glory or something. Looked like they avoided the short straw for coming in early. LoL. They got rooooooooooight into it and asked me some simple to mediocre questions. Nothing too serious.

- Third interviewer was really nice and even gave me their card. Really tested my knowledge of the search industry.

- Fourth interviewer, FINALLY, was really energetic. It’s what I expected from someone in accounts.

Overall, a pretty fine day spent at the office talking about my skills and background. Nevertheless asking the same questions over and over got to be a real drag. Seriously!

Thanks for the opportunity, iProspect. Sucks it didn’t work out. Guess I’ll just have to be a developer now. With a background in digital marketing.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for iProspect

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at iProspect (Chicago, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

Having been searching on the job market for 3 months, I find Alice Cage, the recruiter at iProspect is the most efficient and supportive HR I have ever dealt with. Consider yourself lucky if you are in her hand because, compared to other non-communicative arrogant HR persons, she is almost an angelic figure.

I applied through Linkedin and immediately got a call from her to set up a phone screen and then she set up two interviews with the account managers, and other team members. All done in a week. Between interviews, she would give me feedbacks and encourage me to stay patient (which very rare among HRs).

Interview Questions

• Questions are mostly to gauge your technical skills and problem solving ability. Nothing tricky. They would also ask you about experiences on your resume in details.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at iProspect (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

The hiring process was very quick. I would suggest being very familiar with business history and current search reporting techniques. The panel interview can be intimidating but they were all very nice. Show up early with all necessary paperwork and resume copies.

Interview Questions

• If you're skilled in Excel be ready to describe various Excel functions. If you're new to search make sure you do your research to know what other companies are using to target their markets through search.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation- Offer was made without room to negotiate. Company looks at success after hiring to promote from within.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at iProspect (Chicago, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

Very unprofessional HR staff.

I applied online and received an email from HR requesting my availability for a phone screen. The email indicated the call would be in the next 2-3 days but after replying within an hour I didn't hear back for about a week.

The initial call was very straightforward with questions about my background, confirmation of my skills applicable to the job, basic strength/weakness-type interview questions, etc. The HR rep said I was a good fit for the position and would be hearing from a recruiter the next day to schedule a full phone interview -- if I didn't hear from the recruiter in 2 days I was told to contact the HR rep who would be sure I got a follow up from the recruiter. Two and a half weeks later, I have neither heard form the recruiter nor had any of my calls or emails to the HR rep returned.

If this is how they represent themselves to applicants, I'm not sure I want to see how they treat employees.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at iProspect (Boston, MA) in December 2011.

Interview

Apply on Linkedin. There is a initial phone call for screening purposes. When you come into the office you will meet with 3 different managers. Expect to take a test on Excel skills however not everyone does.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at iProspect (New York, NY) in September 2010.

Interview

Had a nice phone conversation and was asked to come in. Went in a few days later and had a friendly conversation with two people. Seemed like a small but friendly place. I felt good about the interview overall but was denied the job offer later on that day. It seemed like a good place to work/learn the industry because it was small and you could interact with others on a personal level.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in Search Engine Optimization?   1 Answer
    • What made you interested in Marketing?   1 Answer