iSystems Delphi Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1.0

Delphi Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colchester, VT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at iSystems (Colchester, VT) in August 2015.

Interview

Finding a Delphi developer position that read like a perfect match for my resume (I was missing only one "optional" requirement), I applied online and spoke with a relatively new but enthusiastic corporate recruiter two days later. He indicated that they were very interested and that they wanted to bring me in for an in-person panel interview that week in Colchester, VT. After we discussed my availability and travel requirements, it was decided that I would interview on Thursday or Friday and travel to the area the day before - details were to be provided on Tuesday so I could make the necessary travel arrangements. Did my research for housing and cost of living in Burlington/Colchester. It sounded very promising and I was excited about the prospects.

Sadly, from this moment on, the process became a total disaster.

Tuesday came and went with no word from the recruiter during working hours. Early evening, I called and left a message (never couldn’t reach the recruiter directly, always went straight to a nondescript voicemail). The recruiter finally called to tell me that he needed to consult with the director regarding the salary range for the position.

I was perplexed as when I searched and found the job on indeed.com, the position was listed under positions offering $100K+. Late Wednesday and an email from me asking the situation, he calls to tell me that he still hadn’t heard from the director. I asked what the salary range was listed for the position (excluding talking with the director) - he didn’t know (I know…odd...corporate recruiter not knowing salary for their positions???), but indicated that my salary requirement (which, was VERY negotiable following additional research on my end) appeared to be at issue.

With a Thursday interview now out of the running, I sent an email Thursday AM and follow up voicemail asking about Friday or rescheduling for the following week as well as indicating that there was some more room in my salary requirements following my COL and relocation research. I indicated that I needed to know by 2 PM in order to make a Friday interview time. No word.

On Sunday, I read here on Glassdoor.com the other reviews and discovered that another individual experienced similar behavior in June. Salaries for developers, as listed here for iSystems (if accurate), are in the $70-75K range and not even close to $100K as was advertised. I then attempted to contact HR hoping that maybe, being the end of the summer, he had taken a few days off - again, no response. They had gone completely dark and I have received no follow up communications from either the recruiter or HR.

Update: Today, a week after I tried to reach the recruiter, he left an email that they had decided to pass. He didn't have a reason.

The position still has not been filled after being listed for over 30 days.

Interview Questions

• When was I available that week?   1 Answer
  • What were my salary requirements?   1 Answer
  • How much Delphi experience did I have?   1 Answer