iTrellis Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

5.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at iTrellis (Seattle, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

First starts with a standard phone interview and then proceeds with a test code project. The coding project is very vague and they basically tell you to make an amazing application any way you want. They claim to be framework and language agnostic, but that is completely false. As well, they tell you nothing of what they are looking for and it almost appears as if they are trying to trick you with expectations. I spent a lot of effort working on a project trying to display a wide array of my skills in the .NET language. Instead of being a respectable company who can understand the effort to write a sample project would take a person, they just gave me a rejection with a fake answer, saying you are great but we are not interested in your skill set at this time. I sent an email back saying why even bother with the fake answer? It was a horrible waste of my time and effort. At least your engineers could have had the guts to have directly told me what they didn't like about my code (most likely the lack of fancy new frameworks) and help give me the opportunity to improve or maybe find another way to meet their expectations in the future. However, they basically make you bust your backside and then if they are not interested give you the generic NO THANKS. I am actually happy I didn't get the job at this company and any company that screws the developer community like this with this type of etiquette will find itself sooner or later lacking respectable programmers. And, to be honest, a 2 to 10 hour project of make an amazing application proves almost nothing with how a developer, who usually needs to be given specific instructions of what to develop and what tools to develop with, rather than be told use whatever you like. What annoys me most about this company is how they deceive you and their Hollywood theme, "Thanks for joining us on our adventure and good luck". We, in the developer community don't need some stupid movie theme , we just want straight specifications and straight answers. I advise people to not waste their time with sample application of this company and I do see more strengths of companies who whiteboard , test you and look at your past projects rather than judging your entire skills on some stupid test project that really is too vague and small to display your true skills as a developer and problem solver. The way the company treats candidates, making them bust their backs to prove themselves and just laughing them off makes me think the ethics of this company is very low and gives me some insight of how important they view their developers. At least other companies can be straight and tell you why you do not qualify or what is lacking rather than play silly games. The worst part of all this was how they made me wait a month just to tell me no thanks without any reasoning. Basically, it was just a "NO THANKS, GET LOST".

Interview Questions

• Asked standard interview questions about salary expectations, experience, strengths, weaknesses.   Answer Question