ICU Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ICU Interview Questions

ICU interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How do you deal with stress?

1 Answer

I believe they want to make sure you have considered that nursing is a stressful job. I said that I like to place myself in others shoes and view the situation from their POV. I like to eat dark chocolate and enjoy having a go-to person to discuss stressful aspects of the job. The nurses stated that the unit was a family and if you are having a bad day, someone else probably is as well.

How do you feel about working in a fast-paced environment?

1 Answer

Since I was interviewing for a position in the emergency and ICU department, I was asked how I would rate my emotional stability in crisis situations. I had no prior experience in this field so it was a valid question. I was also asked basic questions like "why do you want to work here" and "have you ever placed a canine urinary catheter?"

The general strengths and weaknesses were asked, as were how your personality would fit on the unit. Also, they gave scenarios and you were to answer how you would respond in the situation.

We use Kgs instead of lbs (pounds) here. Are you familiar with converting lbs to kgs?

1 Answer

Tell me about a time you encountered an ethical situation. How did you handle it? Please provide a nursing clinical experience when answering this question if possible.

110 of 52 Interview Questions