ikaSystems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southborough, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ikaSystems (Southborough, MA).

Interview

I received 3-4 emails from the recruiter over several weeks asking for my availability.
    I did not receive any response till the last one.
    Phone interviews went well and was called for interview.
    It went well but they did disclose that all the roles would be high pressure and work require working close to 60 hours a week. It was really honest of them to disclose this.

I emailed HR after interview for feedback, no response. It would have been at-least nice to have know via email if was not considered for the role, given the time and effort.

Sr. Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southborough, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ikaSystems (Southborough, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

The recruiter was nice and pleasant to deal with, but the person making the technical phone interview was beyond comprehension. First off, his accent was so heavy and he was on speaker, and I could barely understand him. I had to ask him to repeat his questions multiple times. The technical questions were so basic and childish (what's garbage collection in C#?). He started to yawn after 5 minutes. I concluded that was a total waste of my time!

Information Security Program Director - Healthcare SaaS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at ikaSystems (Framingham, MA) in July 2016.

Interview

My recruitment/interview experience was rather short but that's because I got a taste and hightailed away. Here's how it went down - I expressed interest in the role via LinkedIn in mid/late June of 2016 and didn't hear anything for two weeks so I sent a follow up and a week later received an email that was just half a step more professional than a short-hand text message you would send a buddy. It was a one line question asking if I have time to talk. I sent a professional response that day to say Thanks for reaching out and making myself available. Another week went by after that. Then I received a voicemail from what sounded like either an underground tunnel or a drive-through at a fast food restaurant where the person, in a very disinterested tone, asked if I'd want to talk about the role. No apology for the almost month-long delay, no acknowledgement of my multiple communications, nothing. Thankfully by then I'd had a chance to read the reviews for this company on GD and given the very small but incredibly unprofessional/poor taste I'd gotten personally to that point decided to avoid this company like the plague. I'm not trying to make this overly dramatic and to be honest despite the negative comments I'd previously read about the company I was still excited to explore the possibility for myself but after having this experience I concluded that it's a messy situation and best to stay away.

Interview Questions

• If I'm available to speak the next day.   2 Answers

Technology Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ikaSystems (Southborough, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

This was one of the worst interview experiences I've ever had! Warning Will Robinson, danger ahead. The entire process was disjointed, the executive interviewer was abrasive and the HR person was not in control or unaware of standard corporate etiquette, very odd for such a role...

Interview Questions

• Executive Interviewer was overtly hostile, not engaging, and when pressed as to what issues they need solved, he shot-gunned a half dozen tasks (all of which I could easily do) and didn't believe or care to believe that a female could do it - that was my impression anyway.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ikaSystems in November 2015.

Interview

One telephonic interview most HR related questions and basic SQL questions. Not too difficult.
    after telephonic they called me for Face to face interview. interview is divided in two parts one on one with few technical guys and coding test . overall good experience.

Interview Questions

• asked me describe the architecture of previous project i have worked on.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Co-Op Interview

Interview

All the questions are about your resume. What kind of technics are you using? How to solve some problems? How do you handle the big data? Things like that. All around your resume. So you would better prepare for your resume. And some behavior questions. That's all.

Technical Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ikaSystems (Southborough, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

Had an initial phone screen with the recruiter who told me I was one of the strongest candidates for the position based on my resume. There were actually two positions open that I was being considered for. A few days went by and I was told the VP of engineering wanted to talk to me. I gave the recruiter my availability for a phone interview with him, just to be told 2 days later that of the two positions, one was already filled and the other had a candidate in the final interview stages/nearing an offer. Huh?

ikaSystems Response

Nov 23, 2015 – Director Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback on our interview process. We appreciate the time you took to submit your application. As you can probably imagine, we receive a number of applications to our postings... More

Quality Assurance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ikaSystems (Southborough, MA) in September 2015.

Interview

1. Phone screening with Technical Recruiter.
    2. Phone interview with Hiring Manager
    3. In-person meeting with Technical Recruiter, Tech.Lead and 2 Hiring Managers

There will be another step with Director of IT and VP.

Overall very good experience. Technical Recruiter is very knowledgable, attentive and making sure the position is a good fit for the candidate.

Nice, friendly people. Shared a lot of information about position day-to-day responsibilities, workloads, potential challenges etc.

Interview Questions

• Mostly previous experience. Experience with QA tools and software. Knowledge of QA Methodologies.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ikaSystems (Boston, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with someone from HR and then phone interview with the Director of Engineering. The technical interview spent most of the time talking about terms within programming versus my actually experience programming. If you are looking to work here I'd recommend reviewing programming terms that you would learn as a second year college student. I figured they would want to talk more about my actual experience and things that I have done but they didn't talk about that at all.

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ikaSystems (Worcester, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

I had an on campus interview at the career development center of WPI in March. The interview process included introducing one project on my resume. And I was asked which language I was most proficient with. From my friend who interviewed for an summer internship, her total interview process was one round, and she got an internship offer one week later.

Interview Questions

• What is structure in C?
      What is the difference of structure in C and class in Java?
      Describe on moment that you feel challenging and how you overcome it.   Answer Question

ikaSystems Response

Jun 4, 2015 – Director Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback on our campus recruiting programs. We value our relationship with WPI and are excited for our incoming class of new co-ops and recent graduates. While you didn't receive... More