ikaSystems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

28 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southborough, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ikaSystems (Southborough, MA).

Interview

I received 3-4 emails from the recruiter over several weeks asking for my availability.
    I did not receive any response till the last one.
    Phone interviews went well and was called for interview.
    It went well but they did disclose that all the roles would be high pressure and work require working close to 60 hours a week. It was really honest of them to disclose this.

I emailed HR after interview for feedback, no response. It would have been at-least nice to have know via email if was not considered for the role, given the time and effort.

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ikaSystems (Southborough, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

A week after applying online, I had a nontechnical phone interview with HR recruiter to see how my skills matched with the job requirements. A couple of days later, I had a technical phone interview (30 mins) with a lead software developer/architect. Next called for in person interviews held on one day. One with HR recruiter, two managers (note managers are technical), two technical people. Each 30 mins.

Interview Questions

• Some basic software developer questions C#, SQL, DB, etc.   Answer Question
    • How I used technologies (cloud computing, architecture, design) in past projects. Tools I used for source code control, debugger, development.   Answer Question
    • Extensive background check if offer made including employment dates and salary, CORI, credit check, 3 work references.   Answer Question

Sr. Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southborough, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ikaSystems (Southborough, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

The recruiter was nice and pleasant to deal with, but the person making the technical phone interview was beyond comprehension. First off, his accent was so heavy and he was on speaker, and I could barely understand him. I had to ask him to repeat his questions multiple times. The technical questions were so basic and childish (what's garbage collection in C#?). He started to yawn after 5 minutes. I concluded that was a total waste of my time!

Manager, Service Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ikaSystems (Southborough, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

applied, received a call back within a week, interviewed the following week. Interviewed with 5 people - 1 was a no show so I was out sooner than expected. they offered me a goodie bag during the interview, water snack and chap stick - thing you might need for a 2 1/2 hour interview.

Interview Questions

• basic questions - was not very difficult   1 Answer

Information Security Program Director - Healthcare SaaS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at ikaSystems (Framingham, MA) in July 2016.

Interview

My recruitment/interview experience was rather short but that's because I got a taste and hightailed away. Here's how it went down - I expressed interest in the role via LinkedIn in mid/late June of 2016 and didn't hear anything for two weeks so I sent a follow up and a week later received an email that was just half a step more professional than a short-hand text message you would send a buddy. It was a one line question asking if I have time to talk. I sent a professional response that day to say Thanks for reaching out and making myself available. Another week went by after that. Then I received a voicemail from what sounded like either an underground tunnel or a drive-through at a fast food restaurant where the person, in a very disinterested tone, asked if I'd want to talk about the role. No apology for the almost month-long delay, no acknowledgement of my multiple communications, nothing. Thankfully by then I'd had a chance to read the reviews for this company on GD and given the very small but incredibly unprofessional/poor taste I'd gotten personally to that point decided to avoid this company like the plague. I'm not trying to make this overly dramatic and to be honest despite the negative comments I'd previously read about the company I was still excited to explore the possibility for myself but after having this experience I concluded that it's a messy situation and best to stay away.

Interview Questions

• If I'm available to speak the next day.   2 Answers

Technology Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ikaSystems (Southborough, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

This was one of the worst interview experiences I've ever had! Warning Will Robinson, danger ahead. The entire process was disjointed, the executive interviewer was abrasive and the HR person was not in control or unaware of standard corporate etiquette, very odd for such a role...

Interview Questions

• Executive Interviewer was overtly hostile, not engaging, and when pressed as to what issues they need solved, he shot-gunned a half dozen tasks (all of which I could easily do) and didn't believe or care to believe that a female could do it - that was my impression anyway.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southborough, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at ikaSystems (Southborough, MA).

Interview

The interview process lasted 3 weeks. Totally there were 7 rounds of interview. The initial round was the phone interview with the hiring manager. It was technical interview mostly about what I had on my resume. After a week I was called on-site for a paper-based written test which consisted mainly of C/C++ coding questions. A week later I had a on-site interview of 5 rounds - 4 technical and 1 HR.

Interview Questions

• Questions on string manipulations, pointers, linked list and basics of C/C++ like inheritance, polymorphism, encapsulation, structure and class with definitions and examples.
      Also questions were based out of my resume bout the work and projects I did.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ikaSystems in November 2015.

Interview

One telephonic interview most HR related questions and basic SQL questions. Not too difficult.
    after telephonic they called me for Face to face interview. interview is divided in two parts one on one with few technical guys and coding test . overall good experience.

Interview Questions

• asked me describe the architecture of previous project i have worked on.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Co-Op Interview

Interview

All the questions are about your resume. What kind of technics are you using? How to solve some problems? How do you handle the big data? Things like that. All around your resume. So you would better prepare for your resume. And some behavior questions. That's all.

Technical Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ikaSystems (Southborough, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

Had an initial phone screen with the recruiter who told me I was one of the strongest candidates for the position based on my resume. There were actually two positions open that I was being considered for. A few days went by and I was told the VP of engineering wanted to talk to me. I gave the recruiter my availability for a phone interview with him, just to be told 2 days later that of the two positions, one was already filled and the other had a candidate in the final interview stages/nearing an offer. Huh?

ikaSystems Response

Nov 23, 2015 – Director Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback on our interview process. We appreciate the time you took to submit your application. As you can probably imagine, we receive a number of applications to our postings... More