ikaSystems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 2, 2017

2.4

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ikaSystems (Southborough, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

A week after applying online, I had a nontechnical phone interview with HR recruiter to see how my skills matched with the job requirements. A couple of days later, I had a technical phone interview (30 mins) with a lead software developer/architect. Next called for in person interviews held on one day. One with HR recruiter, two managers (note managers are technical), two technical people. Each 30 mins.

Interview Questions

• Some basic software developer questions C#, SQL, DB, etc.   Answer Question
    • How I used technologies (cloud computing, architecture, design) in past projects. Tools I used for source code control, debugger, development.   Answer Question
    • Extensive background check if offer made including employment dates and salary, CORI, credit check, 3 work references.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Southborough, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ikaSystems (Southborough, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

Recruiter was top-notch and informed me every step of the way; the hiring team was forth-coming and answered all of my questions and didn't 'grill' me. I was notified within 5 working days of my hiring status and received a phone call with the offer; Process was very smooth after that although, the background check took a little long.

Interview Questions

• Specifically about my .net development experience   1 Answer

Software Engineer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ikaSystems (Worcester, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by two ikaSystems employers. They were really friendly. I was asked about my daily work at previous full time work. It was a really interactive interview. Both the interviewers were really friendly.

Interview Questions

• What was your daily routine at your previous work?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ikaSystems in November 2015.

Interview

One telephonic interview most HR related questions and basic SQL questions. Not too difficult.
    after telephonic they called me for Face to face interview. interview is divided in two parts one on one with few technical guys and coding test . overall good experience.

Interview Questions

• asked me describe the architecture of previous project i have worked on.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Southborough, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at ikaSystems (Southborough, MA).

Interview

The interview process lasted 3 weeks. Totally there were 7 rounds of interview. The initial round was the phone interview with the hiring manager. It was technical interview mostly about what I had on my resume. After a week I was called on-site for a paper-based written test which consisted mainly of C/C++ coding questions. A week later I had a on-site interview of 5 rounds - 4 technical and 1 HR.

Interview Questions

• Questions on string manipulations, pointers, linked list and basics of C/C++ like inheritance, polymorphism, encapsulation, structure and class with definitions and examples.
      Also questions were based out of my resume bout the work and projects I did.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Co-Op Interview

Interview

All the questions are about your resume. What kind of technics are you using? How to solve some problems? How do you handle the big data? Things like that. All around your resume. So you would better prepare for your resume. And some behavior questions. That's all.

Manager, Performance Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southborough, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ikaSystems (Southborough, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with HR, followed by phone interview with Hiring Manager, other Managers and Senior Engineers, followed by an offer of employment. I met with roughly half a dozen people, including 2 VPs. 2 of the people I met, met with me a the same time. It was a nice experience and I had more interest in the job after the interview than before.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my approach to resolving Software Performance problems that I had encountered in the past.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ikaSystems (Southborough, MA) in September 2015.

Interview

1. Phone screening with Technical Recruiter.
    2. Phone interview with Hiring Manager
    3. In-person meeting with Technical Recruiter, Tech.Lead and 2 Hiring Managers

There will be another step with Director of IT and VP.

Overall very good experience. Technical Recruiter is very knowledgable, attentive and making sure the position is a good fit for the candidate.

Nice, friendly people. Shared a lot of information about position day-to-day responsibilities, workloads, potential challenges etc.

Interview Questions

• Mostly previous experience. Experience with QA tools and software. Knowledge of QA Methodologies.   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ikaSystems (Worcester, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

I had an on campus interview at the career development center of WPI in March. The interview process included introducing one project on my resume. And I was asked which language I was most proficient with. From my friend who interviewed for an summer internship, her total interview process was one round, and she got an internship offer one week later.

Interview Questions

• What is structure in C?
      What is the difference of structure in C and class in Java?
      Describe on moment that you feel challenging and how you overcome it.   Answer Question

ikaSystems Response

Jun 4, 2015 – Director Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback on our campus recruiting programs. We value our relationship with WPI and are excited for our incoming class of new co-ops and recent graduates. While you didn't receive... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ikaSystems (Boston, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with someone from HR and then phone interview with the Director of Engineering. The technical interview spent most of the time talking about terms within programming versus my actually experience programming. If you are looking to work here I'd recommend reviewing programming terms that you would learn as a second year college student. I figured they would want to talk more about my actual experience and things that I have done but they didn't talk about that at all.