ikaSystems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ikaSystems Interview Questions

Updated Jun 2, 2017

2.4

Database Engineer Interview

Interview

I had a phone screening,face to face was taken by 3 people, was given offer in the same week

Negotiation

I could have asked for more money, the hr gave me more than I had asked for based on my qualifications.

Interview

Process was not very professional it was basically a popularity contest. If the interviewer liked you, you got to the next step.

Interview Questions

• If the interviewer did not like you, the questions were very technical.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ikaSystems.

Interview

Interview process was not very hectic. Phone screen was good and elaborate. Face to face interview was technical and not very long. People from different teams were in the panel. Each session was 1 hr. There was a good dialogue between myself and the interviewer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation was good and not very long

Software Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ikaSystems in March 2011.

Interview

What a lousy experience it was. What kind of recruiter starts of with a question like this - So whats going on with your current company, are they having layoffs? Layoffs is not the first reason why people are looking for a change.

Two times, phone interview is scheduled, and they forgot to call me. Excuse given was, oh sorry the interviewer and the recruiter both forgot to put on their calendars. Wow.. how much they value the time of their potential future employees.

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southborough, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ikaSystems (Southborough, MA) in June 2014.

Interview

I participated in a 30-minute telephone interview where the hiring manager described a difficult personnel issue where the incumbent PM was insufficient in fulfilling their duties and needed to be replace with someone with more customer-facing and diplomatic experience because their internal processes had broken down to the point where they were unable to produce software releases without major delays and quality issues. Within a week I was told by the third party recruiting firm (Starpoint; do not trust them!) that the hiring manager had decided to hire me for a contract-to-perm position and the paperwork was being processed.

Three weeks later and after two confirmations by Starpoint, I still had not received written confirmation from the hiring manager. It turns out that they had hired a person for the position but they had left after a week because the commute was too much and they wanted now to fast-track me into the position; they scheduled me for a one-hour F2F meeting they called an "interview", despite my being assured that I already had the job. It had been four weeks since the first "you are hired!" message. The hiring manager and another senior manager (who had only been there two weeks) met with me; the organization was described to me as a completely ad hoc environment (CMMI Level Zero), most of the desks were empty and a high turnover rate kept them from building any type of quality assurance protocols. It was at that time I decided that ikaSystems was not the kind of place I wanted to work. Starpoint as the recruiter failed to get confirmation/commitment from them and kept me hanging for a whole month and the lead recruiter would often keep me hanging for days (because of personal business) when an immediate turnaround of communications & decisions was called for. It definitely seemed like a part-time job for the recruiter and communications definitely suffered for it.

Interview Questions

• There were no challenging questions, but I was asked how I have worked to bring disparate working groups with conflicting interests to work cohesively together.   1 Answer

The organization is struggling with high turnover, poor quality and no commitment to a formal quality improvement program and appears to be chasing their tails on a closed course, with no problems, plans or escape from this vicious circle being identified or defined, so no hope of resolution was in sight. Plus, their was no insight!

SQL ServerDBA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southborough, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ikaSystems (Southborough, MA) in November 2013.

Interview

Interviewers quite hurried. Kind and technical. But both were hurried. The hiring manager was leaving for a flight to India, where he would spend 4 weeks. The reporting manager wqw q principal oracle DBA with no sql server experience. No time for my questions

Technical Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ikaSystems (Southborough, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

Had an initial phone screen with the recruiter who told me I was one of the strongest candidates for the position based on my resume. There were actually two positions open that I was being considered for. A few days went by and I was told the VP of engineering wanted to talk to me. I gave the recruiter my availability for a phone interview with him, just to be told 2 days later that of the two positions, one was already filled and the other had a candidate in the final interview stages/nearing an offer. Huh?

ikaSystems Response

Nov 23, 2015 – Director Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback on our interview process. We appreciate the time you took to submit your application. As you can probably imagine, we receive a number of applications to our postings... More

Information Security Program Director - Healthcare SaaS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at ikaSystems (Framingham, MA) in July 2016.

Interview

My recruitment/interview experience was rather short but that's because I got a taste and hightailed away. Here's how it went down - I expressed interest in the role via LinkedIn in mid/late June of 2016 and didn't hear anything for two weeks so I sent a follow up and a week later received an email that was just half a step more professional than a short-hand text message you would send a buddy. It was a one line question asking if I have time to talk. I sent a professional response that day to say Thanks for reaching out and making myself available. Another week went by after that. Then I received a voicemail from what sounded like either an underground tunnel or a drive-through at a fast food restaurant where the person, in a very disinterested tone, asked if I'd want to talk about the role. No apology for the almost month-long delay, no acknowledgement of my multiple communications, nothing. Thankfully by then I'd had a chance to read the reviews for this company on GD and given the very small but incredibly unprofessional/poor taste I'd gotten personally to that point decided to avoid this company like the plague. I'm not trying to make this overly dramatic and to be honest despite the negative comments I'd previously read about the company I was still excited to explore the possibility for myself but after having this experience I concluded that it's a messy situation and best to stay away.

Interview Questions

• If I'm available to speak the next day.   2 Answers

Technology Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ikaSystems (Southborough, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

This was one of the worst interview experiences I've ever had! Warning Will Robinson, danger ahead. The entire process was disjointed, the executive interviewer was abrasive and the HR person was not in control or unaware of standard corporate etiquette, very odd for such a role...

Interview Questions

• Executive Interviewer was overtly hostile, not engaging, and when pressed as to what issues they need solved, he shot-gunned a half dozen tasks (all of which I could easily do) and didn't believe or care to believe that a female could do it - that was my impression anyway.   1 Answer

Sr. Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southborough, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ikaSystems (Southborough, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

The recruiter was nice and pleasant to deal with, but the person making the technical phone interview was beyond comprehension. First off, his accent was so heavy and he was on speaker, and I could barely understand him. I had to ask him to repeat his questions multiple times. The technical questions were so basic and childish (what's garbage collection in C#?). He started to yawn after 5 minutes. I concluded that was a total waste of my time!