ikaSystems Interview Questions in Worcester, MA | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 21, 2017

2.3

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ikaSystems (Southborough, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

A week after applying online, I had a nontechnical phone interview with HR recruiter to see how my skills matched with the job requirements. A couple of days later, I had a technical phone interview (30 mins) with a lead software developer/architect. Next called for in person interviews held on one day. One with HR recruiter, two managers (note managers are technical), two technical people. Each 30 mins.

Interview Questions

• Some basic software developer questions C#, SQL, DB, etc.   Answer Question
    • How I used technologies (cloud computing, architecture, design) in past projects. Tools I used for source code control, debugger, development.   Answer Question
    • Extensive background check if offer made including employment dates and salary, CORI, credit check, 3 work references.   Answer Question

Sr. Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southborough, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ikaSystems (Southborough, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

The recruiter was nice and pleasant to deal with, but the person making the technical phone interview was beyond comprehension. First off, his accent was so heavy and he was on speaker, and I could barely understand him. I had to ask him to repeat his questions multiple times. The technical questions were so basic and childish (what's garbage collection in C#?). He started to yawn after 5 minutes. I concluded that was a total waste of my time!

Manager, Service Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ikaSystems (Southborough, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

applied, received a call back within a week, interviewed the following week. Interviewed with 5 people - 1 was a no show so I was out sooner than expected. they offered me a goodie bag during the interview, water snack and chap stick - thing you might need for a 2 1/2 hour interview.

Interview Questions

• basic questions - was not very difficult   1 Answer

Technology Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ikaSystems (Southborough, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

This was one of the worst interview experiences I've ever had! Warning Will Robinson, danger ahead. The entire process was disjointed, the executive interviewer was abrasive and the HR person was not in control or unaware of standard corporate etiquette, very odd for such a role...

Interview Questions

• Executive Interviewer was overtly hostile, not engaging, and when pressed as to what issues they need solved, he shot-gunned a half dozen tasks (all of which I could easily do) and didn't believe or care to believe that a female could do it - that was my impression anyway.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southborough, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at ikaSystems (Southborough, MA).

Interview

The interview process lasted 3 weeks. Totally there were 7 rounds of interview. The initial round was the phone interview with the hiring manager. It was technical interview mostly about what I had on my resume. After a week I was called on-site for a paper-based written test which consisted mainly of C/C++ coding questions. A week later I had a on-site interview of 5 rounds - 4 technical and 1 HR.

Interview Questions

• Questions on string manipulations, pointers, linked list and basics of C/C++ like inheritance, polymorphism, encapsulation, structure and class with definitions and examples.
      Also questions were based out of my resume bout the work and projects I did.
      Answer Question

Technical Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ikaSystems (Southborough, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

Had an initial phone screen with the recruiter who told me I was one of the strongest candidates for the position based on my resume. There were actually two positions open that I was being considered for. A few days went by and I was told the VP of engineering wanted to talk to me. I gave the recruiter my availability for a phone interview with him, just to be told 2 days later that of the two positions, one was already filled and the other had a candidate in the final interview stages/nearing an offer. Huh?

ikaSystems Response

Nov 23, 2015 – Director Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback on our interview process. We appreciate the time you took to submit your application. As you can probably imagine, we receive a number of applications to our postings ... More

Quality Assurance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ikaSystems (Southborough, MA) in September 2015.

Interview

1. Phone screening with Technical Recruiter.
    2. Phone interview with Hiring Manager
    3. In-person meeting with Technical Recruiter, Tech.Lead and 2 Hiring Managers

There will be another step with Director of IT and VP.

Overall very good experience. Technical Recruiter is very knowledgable, attentive and making sure the position is a good fit for the candidate.

Nice, friendly people. Shared a lot of information about position day-to-day responsibilities, workloads, potential challenges etc.

Interview Questions

• Mostly previous experience. Experience with QA tools and software. Knowledge of QA Methodologies.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southborough, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ikaSystems (Southborough, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

Recruiter was top-notch and informed me every step of the way; the hiring team was forth-coming and answered all of my questions and didn't 'grill' me. I was notified within 5 working days of my hiring status and received a phone call with the offer; Process was very smooth after that although, the background check took a little long.

Interview Questions

• Specifically about my .net development experience   1 Answer

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ikaSystems (Worcester, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

I had an on campus interview at the career development center of WPI in March. The interview process included introducing one project on my resume. And I was asked which language I was most proficient with. From my friend who interviewed for an summer internship, her total interview process was one round, and she got an internship offer one week later.

Interview Questions

• What is structure in C?
      What is the difference of structure in C and class in Java?
      Describe on moment that you feel challenging and how you overcome it.
      Answer Question

ikaSystems Response

Jun 4, 2015 – Director Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback on our campus recruiting programs. We value our relationship with WPI and are excited for our incoming class of new co-ops and recent graduates. While you didn't receive ... More

Manager, Performance Test Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southborough, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ikaSystems (Southborough, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with HR, followed by phone interview with Hiring Manager, other Managers and Senior Engineers, followed by an offer of employment. I met with roughly half a dozen people, including 2 VPs. 2 of the people I met, met with me a the same time. It was a nice experience and I had more interest in the job after the interview than before.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my approach to resolving Software Performance problems that I had encountered in the past.   Answer Question