Illustrator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Illustrator Interview Questions

Illustrator interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Describe yourself with 3 adjectives.

2 Answers

enthusiastic, hard-working and team player

Effervescent, driven, self-starter

We were impressed with your portfolio, and would like to ask you to complete a small "design exercise" as a next step. This is a design project that we ask all promising candidates to complete; it's meant to help you to really experience our brand and to allow you to demonstrate your abilities in the areas that are important in this role. You can see all the details of the assignment - and helpful other materials to reference as background - in the attached file. About the Exercise: This project is meant to take a couple hours, but feel free to take more time if you need. You can use any medium, program, or application you prefer. The objective is to demonstrate your abilities in creating a set of delightfully compelling and fun illustrations that is consistent with KiwiCo’s aesthetic. Please email over your final files and let us know how long the project ended up taking. We’ll review it in-house as the next step in our process.

1 Answer

How much do you think you should be paid

1 Answer

I was asked about my software experience and skillset. I was also asked about working with engineers and writers.

About my experience

1 Answer

Are you familiar with vector?

1 Answer

What did I enjoy most about the creative aspect

1 Answer

Not applicable. Very open individual. I was called in for an interview by a recruiter and when I arrived at spanx there was massive confusion re: an available position, yet, the individual I met with was very informative and forthcoming. I learned the individual in the position I was considering was not leaving for another 4 mtgs. Also, have learned since from both the recruiter and other references that this confusion is par for the course. In the end, the interviewer wanted me to stay in touch...

1 Answer

Are you proficient in Photoshop and using paths?

1 Answer

How do you stay on top of current design trends?

110 of 90 Interview Questions