inContact Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 10, 2017

2.8

Implementation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lehi, UT

Application

I interviewed at inContact (Lehi, UT) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process seemed to be the standard two-form factor interview process.
    - Phone Interview
    - In-person Interview

Unfortunately, despite being told I rocked the phone interview and would be a good fit for the company, and a month of chasing the recruiter for the onsite interview scheduling - it was not scheduled.

Interview Questions

• Not giving away any of the questions as this is not something I find to be something a professional should share.   Answer Question

Senior Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at inContact (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2017.

Interview

Recruiter phone screen, Hiring Manager phone screen, Team Interview. I was referred by LinkedIn and applied on the company site on 5/19/17. A phone screen with the hiring manager was scheduled on 5/31. I passed the phone screen and had an in person interview with the hiring manager and team on 6/2. I received an offer on 6/13 and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Experience with Tenable Nessus, SIEM, LogRhythm, various frameworks such as NIST, COBIT, etc.   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sandy, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at inContact (Sandy, UT) in April 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview and in-person interview with several people in the department. The in-person interview was about an hour and a half with the hiring manager, team lead, and a short excel and sql assessment. The manager introduced me to the other team members and they gave me a tour of the building on my way out and were very friendly.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember any specific questions. The interview was very conversational.   Answer Question

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at inContact in April 2017.

Interview

The interview was broken up into a phone screen and an onsite interview. After the onsite interview, I was asked the traditional what are you expecting in salary. I know the cardinal rule is to never give the first number but I really liked the people and wanted to work here. I gave them a high number and a lower number with the caveat that the low number would be the bare minimum if their benefits were absolutely out of this world amazing.

I got the benefits package and an offer that was below my absolute minimum. Their benefits were average for the industry. I had also done some digging in my network and had heard some complaints about the company management I wanted to address. I attempted to counter at which point they brought me in to meet with a VP. I sat down and spoke with the VP regarding my compensation request and he addressed my concerns I had about the company. I felt good and wanted to proceed.

After meeting with their VP I got a form letter to fill out references online which I did. However then the company went completely dark even though I was told to expect a counter offer one never came. In fact a rejection letter never came....

In hindsight, I may have dodged a bullet. If a companies management brings you on the site more than once and has you speak with a VP the bare minimum they can do is at least send a rejection email. To go dark speaks to the unprofessional management the others in my network warned me about.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were mostly based on technical skill...   Answer Question

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at inContact (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2017.

Interview

Online coding test, F2F Interview with the technical team, managers, and other peers in this role. It was a well-rounded interview that was transparent and honest. Not off the wall questions, but questions on tasks you will be doing day-to-day. I felt the overall process works in helping match the desired position to the person with the critical relevant skills and opportunities for growth into other skills needed for the company and its growth this year.

Interview Questions

• How do you solve this problem X? Let's discuss this more deeply?   1 Answer

Business Analyst IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at inContact (Sandy, UT) in March 2017.

Interview

First Interview with a Technical Recruiter - Neutral experience.

Second Interview with Team Manager - Positive experience, a good outline of the company and an engaging conversation.

Third Interview - somewhat berating interview approach
    2.5 hours long - 30-minute blocks with -
    Team Manager
    Analyst Team
    Department heads
    Other Department heads

Has the feel of a large corporation with a lot of politics.
    Interviewers have tunnel vision and give the impression that everything is done in an exact way with no creative variance. Good for people that enjoy doing the same thing over and over day in and out.
     They appear to want questions answered in a way that fits their mold of their walled off technical landscape instead of a more pragmatic approach.

Would not have taken the job if offered. In comparison to the other 4 companies I interviewed with at the time this one was by far the least favorable.

Never received a thank you or a courtesy follow up after final interview from the Team Manager or technical recruiter.

Interview Questions

• What is your definition of the ideal Happy path in the agile framework   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at inContact.

Interview

Spent an hour laboriously filling out a poor Taleo implementation to apply. Contacted to setup interview process, there was some difficulty setting up schedules between the two sides, they were very responsive.

Did the interview, said I'd hear back yes or no before the end of the week. That didn't happen. Followed up multiple times, never got a single reply. InContact is the epitome of poor candidate experience. Would not bother applying again.

Senior Technical Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at inContact.

Interview

Well, I applied for a TAM position in May 2016. I received an email from a recruiter in early November 2016. Okay so a company gets busy, I get it. We exchange a couple of emails, the recruiter wants to set up an initial call so we can both feel out the situation. The recruiter never responds.

Finally after 4 weeks (that's a month) she responds "sorry been busy, blah, blah". No problem, I get it. We set up a time to talk (I need to take time off from my current job) and I make sure she has my contact info, reconfirm the time and date, blah, blah. I'm all prepped and waiting at our predetermined time... nothing. Okay, she probably got hung up on a call, I get it. I wait twenty minutes and ring her; no answer. I leave a voicemail, very polite, making sure the time was correct (oh, I knew it was), left my telephone number again, blah, blah.

I don't hear for four business days so I call her again to "check in". Nothing. I give it another week, hey she's probably busy, I get it. Nothing. This goes on for a few weeks, so finally I leave a voicemail breaking up with her (from a recruiter/candidate perspective). Wow, I get a prompt call "sorry been busy, blah, blah". No problem, I get it. So we set up another time to talk (didn't Einstein say something about doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result...). This time I elected to have our call over my lunch break versus taking time from work.

Well, after all of that... success! We had a really good call. She asked good questions, I answered like a pro. I wrapped up the call with a couple of probing questions to see how she thought I would potentially fit in the position and company culture; wow, it seemed like we had a business love connection. She was going to pass my information over to the hiring manager and we would schedule a meeting in the next week. That was logical, she was trying to fill the by the end of January.

Well, you probably guess it... nothing, crickets, Tom Hanks in Castaway. Very disappointed. I followed up diligently, but cognizant of not being pushy. Nothing. After weeks of "checking in" and not receiving a response I sent the final break up email "well I'm moving on, good luck in future, blah, blah".

I've had some poor interview experiences (great ones too, don't want to sound negative), but this was one of the weirdest ones. Pretty sure I would not engage again with inContact based on my first and last experience.

Associate Implementation Manager II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sandy, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at inContact (Sandy, UT) in December 2016.

Interview

Pretty standard questions, they try to get to know you as a person and what your abilities are as compared to standard question/answer type interviews. They had both management and current team members in the same role interview to really grasp a day in the life and ensure I would be a proper fit for the position.

IT Asset Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sandy, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at inContact (Sandy, UT) in November 2016.

Interview

Took a course of four weeks. I had two phone screenings that took thirty+ minutes in which experience and other skills were discussed followed by a face to face interview with the tech team that I would be working with, and then my manager. All the interviews were comfortable, and while I did not know everything I was asked, I didn't feel I was judged on the few things I didn't quite know.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a conflict you had with another employee, and how did you handle it.   Answer Question