inContact Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Implementation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lehi, UT

Application

I interviewed at inContact (Lehi, UT) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process seemed to be the standard two-form factor interview process.
    - Phone Interview
    - In-person Interview

Unfortunately, despite being told I rocked the phone interview and would be a good fit for the company, and a month of chasing the recruiter for the onsite interview scheduling - it was not scheduled.

Interview Questions

• Not giving away any of the questions as this is not something I find to be something a professional should share.   Answer Question

Business Analyst IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at inContact (Sandy, UT) in March 2017.

Interview

First Interview with a Technical Recruiter - Neutral experience.

Second Interview with Team Manager - Positive experience, a good outline of the company and an engaging conversation.

Third Interview - somewhat berating interview approach
    2.5 hours long - 30-minute blocks with -
    Team Manager
    Analyst Team
    Department heads
    Other Department heads

Has the feel of a large corporation with a lot of politics.
    Interviewers have tunnel vision and give the impression that everything is done in an exact way with no creative variance. Good for people that enjoy doing the same thing over and over day in and out.
     They appear to want questions answered in a way that fits their mold of their walled off technical landscape instead of a more pragmatic approach.

Would not have taken the job if offered. In comparison to the other 4 companies I interviewed with at the time this one was by far the least favorable.

Never received a thank you or a courtesy follow up after final interview from the Team Manager or technical recruiter.

Interview Questions

• What is your definition of the ideal Happy path in the agile framework   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at inContact.

Interview

Spent an hour laboriously filling out a poor Taleo implementation to apply. Contacted to setup interview process, there was some difficulty setting up schedules between the two sides, they were very responsive.

Did the interview, said I'd hear back yes or no before the end of the week. That didn't happen. Followed up multiple times, never got a single reply. InContact is the epitome of poor candidate experience. Would not bother applying again.

Senior Technical Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at inContact.

Interview

Well, I applied for a TAM position in May 2016. I received an email from a recruiter in early November 2016. Okay so a company gets busy, I get it. We exchange a couple of emails, the recruiter wants to set up an initial call so we can both feel out the situation. The recruiter never responds.

Finally after 4 weeks (that's a month) she responds "sorry been busy, blah, blah". No problem, I get it. We set up a time to talk (I need to take time off from my current job) and I make sure she has my contact info, reconfirm the time and date, blah, blah. I'm all prepped and waiting at our predetermined time... nothing. Okay, she probably got hung up on a call, I get it. I wait twenty minutes and ring her; no answer. I leave a voicemail, very polite, making sure the time was correct (oh, I knew it was), left my telephone number again, blah, blah.

I don't hear for four business days so I call her again to "check in". Nothing. I give it another week, hey she's probably busy, I get it. Nothing. This goes on for a few weeks, so finally I leave a voicemail breaking up with her (from a recruiter/candidate perspective). Wow, I get a prompt call "sorry been busy, blah, blah". No problem, I get it. So we set up another time to talk (didn't Einstein say something about doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result...). This time I elected to have our call over my lunch break versus taking time from work.

Well, after all of that... success! We had a really good call. She asked good questions, I answered like a pro. I wrapped up the call with a couple of probing questions to see how she thought I would potentially fit in the position and company culture; wow, it seemed like we had a business love connection. She was going to pass my information over to the hiring manager and we would schedule a meeting in the next week. That was logical, she was trying to fill the by the end of January.

Well, you probably guess it... nothing, crickets, Tom Hanks in Castaway. Very disappointed. I followed up diligently, but cognizant of not being pushy. Nothing. After weeks of "checking in" and not receiving a response I sent the final break up email "well I'm moving on, good luck in future, blah, blah".

I've had some poor interview experiences (great ones too, don't want to sound negative), but this was one of the weirdest ones. Pretty sure I would not engage again with inContact based on my first and last experience.

Senior Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Salt Lake, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at inContact (South Salt Lake, UT) in September 2016.

Interview

I was called by a recruiter and had a phone interview with the hiring manager. That went well and so I had a face to face with the interview manager, and two other department heads. One of the interviewees were remote.

Interview Questions

• They wanted me to display my expertise with SQL. They had a screenshot of a webpage and wanted to know how I would approach the beginning of my test methods. You never know what they actually are looking for, most times its about how you react more than what you know.   1 Answer

Senior Project Manager - Professional Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at inContact (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2016.

Interview

First let me start by saying this was my second time interviewing with InContact. I had previously been through 3 rounds of interviews that were very professional and a positive experience despite not being offered that position.
    This interview could not have been further from parity. The InContact recruiter contacted me on a Wednesday and we set up a 30 minute phone interview with the hiring director for the following Friday afternoon. A few hours before the interview I received an email indicating that a conflict had arisen and that the director would need to reschedule. Being in a management role and dealing with customers I know that things come up so I was not concerned and we rescheduled for the following Wednesday afternoon. The predetermined time for the interview came and after 20 minutes I emailed the recruiter indicating that I had not heard anything and providing my availability for the remainder of the week. I did receive a call 35 minutes after the scheduled time from the interviewer indicating that it "looks like I missed my time to call you", and asking me try them back during business hours the following day. I communicated back the next morning as was asked to call this person on their cell later that afternoon.
    I placed my call at the pre determined time and had the most awkward 12 minute conversation in which the interviewer was clearly not paying attention nor listening to responses as I was asked to repeat myself on two different responses.
    I was left with the impression that this interviewer did not want to be having this call and that it was an inconvenience. Very disappointing following the positive initial experience with this company.

Interview Questions

• What degrees/certifications do you hold   1 Answer

Technical Account Manager (Premise) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at inContact.

Interview

A series of 3 separate but concurrent 30 minute calls with 3 people totaling an hour and a half. It wouldve made much more sense to just do one conference call. Interview wasnt difficult by any stress. But the communication afterward was terrible. Approximately 2 weeks later I received the canned response that I was not selected after following up on 3 separate occasions. Saw the job has been reposted 2 days ago.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult customer situation and what you did to resolve it.   Answer Question

Product Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at inContact.

Interview

I had a brief call with HR which went very well and then several more interviews with internal folks including the hiring manager. I received great feedback. I was promised a follow up and to go forward with an in person interview and potential offer and then....I was asked my salary range. This led abruptly to the black hole, even though my range was the average in the area. Follow up emails asking what happened and could I please know if I was still being considered received no response! Rude and inconsideration company who I feel wasted my time. Unless you want to accept well below the market average, don't waste your time is my advice.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      What makes you the best candidate   Answer Question

Senior Systems Administrator (PO) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at inContact (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by phone by a director and vp for an initial technical screen. They peppered me with many in-depth technical questions, as well as how I would handle personality differences with other employees, etc. At the end of the hour+ call, both stated they were very impressed and would set up a 2nd, in-person interview, after speaking with additional candidates. Their up-beat tone was also very telling. After a month, I was not scheduled for an in-person interview and simply received a go-away e-mail. HR followed up with an email stating they found someone with a closer skills match and a better 'cultural fit'. With 20+ years experience I doubt better skills match. How can they gauge 'cultural fit' when they haven't even met someone, unless they're seeking only 'drone/follower types'? Having spoken with several contemporaries that have also recently dealt with inContact, none of us were left with a favorable impression. They're the traditional Utah company that doesn't value people. If they treat prospective talent in this way, I would hate to see what its like behind the corporate doors!

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holladay, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at inContact (Holladay, UT) in March 2016.

Interview

Overall the interview process was good. The phone interview was short and involved telling about the company. The on site interview went well I thought. The manager made me think they would extend an offer then didn't do it because of money. The recruiters will lie to you and tell you the job pays way higher than they actually do so be aware of that.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between a unit test and integration test   Answer Question