inContact Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 5, 2017

2.8

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at inContact (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2017.

Interview

Online coding test, F2F Interview with the technical team, managers, and other peers in this role. It was a well-rounded interview that was transparent and honest. Not off the wall questions, but questions on tasks you will be doing day-to-day. I felt the overall process works in helping match the desired position to the person with the critical relevant skills and opportunities for growth into other skills needed for the company and its growth this year.

Interview Questions

• How do you solve this problem X? Let's discuss this more deeply?   1 Answer

Business Analyst IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at inContact (Sandy, UT) in March 2017.

Interview

First Interview with a Technical Recruiter - Neutral experience.

Second Interview with Team Manager - Positive experience, a good outline of the company and an engaging conversation.

Third Interview - somewhat berating interview approach
    2.5 hours long - 30-minute blocks with -
    Team Manager
    Analyst Team
    Department heads
    Other Department heads

Has the feel of a large corporation with a lot of politics.
    Interviewers have tunnel vision and give the impression that everything is done in an exact way with no creative variance. Good for people that enjoy doing the same thing over and over day in and out.
     They appear to want questions answered in a way that fits their mold of their walled off technical landscape instead of a more pragmatic approach.

Would not have taken the job if offered. In comparison to the other 4 companies I interviewed with at the time this one was by far the least favorable.

Never received a thank you or a courtesy follow up after final interview from the Team Manager or technical recruiter.

Interview Questions

• What is your definition of the ideal Happy path in the agile framework   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at inContact.

Interview

Spent an hour laboriously filling out a poor Taleo implementation to apply. Contacted to setup interview process, there was some difficulty setting up schedules between the two sides, they were very responsive.

Did the interview, said I'd hear back yes or no before the end of the week. That didn't happen. Followed up multiple times, never got a single reply. InContact is the epitome of poor candidate experience. Would not bother applying again.

Senior Technical Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at inContact.

Interview

Well, I applied for a TAM position in May 2016. I received an email from a recruiter in early November 2016. Okay so a company gets busy, I get it. We exchange a couple of emails, the recruiter wants to set up an initial call so we can both feel out the situation. The recruiter never responds.

Finally after 4 weeks (that's a month) she responds "sorry been busy, blah, blah". No problem, I get it. We set up a time to talk (I need to take time off from my current job) and I make sure she has my contact info, reconfirm the time and date, blah, blah. I'm all prepped and waiting at our predetermined time... nothing. Okay, she probably got hung up on a call, I get it. I wait twenty minutes and ring her; no answer. I leave a voicemail, very polite, making sure the time was correct (oh, I knew it was), left my telephone number again, blah, blah.

I don't hear for four business days so I call her again to "check in". Nothing. I give it another week, hey she's probably busy, I get it. Nothing. This goes on for a few weeks, so finally I leave a voicemail breaking up with her (from a recruiter/candidate perspective). Wow, I get a prompt call "sorry been busy, blah, blah". No problem, I get it. So we set up another time to talk (didn't Einstein say something about doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result...). This time I elected to have our call over my lunch break versus taking time from work.

Well, after all of that... success! We had a really good call. She asked good questions, I answered like a pro. I wrapped up the call with a couple of probing questions to see how she thought I would potentially fit in the position and company culture; wow, it seemed like we had a business love connection. She was going to pass my information over to the hiring manager and we would schedule a meeting in the next week. That was logical, she was trying to fill the by the end of January.

Well, you probably guess it... nothing, crickets, Tom Hanks in Castaway. Very disappointed. I followed up diligently, but cognizant of not being pushy. Nothing. After weeks of "checking in" and not receiving a response I sent the final break up email "well I'm moving on, good luck in future, blah, blah".

I've had some poor interview experiences (great ones too, don't want to sound negative), but this was one of the weirdest ones. Pretty sure I would not engage again with inContact based on my first and last experience.

IT Asset Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sandy, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at inContact (Sandy, UT) in November 2016.

Interview

Took a course of four weeks. I had two phone screenings that took thirty+ minutes in which experience and other skills were discussed followed by a face to face interview with the tech team that I would be working with, and then my manager. All the interviews were comfortable, and while I did not know everything I was asked, I didn't feel I was judged on the few things I didn't quite know.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a conflict you had with another employee, and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at inContact (New York, NY).

Interview

Definitely tough, but fair, and more than worth it! What a great place! I met with several people in different departments, and enjoyed getting to know each of them.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at inContact.

Interview

Good process was formal and quick. I met with several different individuals and everyone was extremely pleasant and easy to talk to. I had a really great time and got to know the company really pretty well and felt like they really wanted to get to know me. I would highly recommend inContact to anyone.

Interview Questions

• Lot's of standard questions but also very conversational and open   Answer Question

Senior Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Salt Lake, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at inContact (South Salt Lake, UT) in September 2016.

Interview

I was called by a recruiter and had a phone interview with the hiring manager. That went well and so I had a face to face with the interview manager, and two other department heads. One of the interviewees were remote.

Interview Questions

• They wanted me to display my expertise with SQL. They had a screenshot of a webpage and wanted to know how I would approach the beginning of my test methods. You never know what they actually are looking for, most times its about how you react more than what you know.   1 Answer

Senior Project Manager - Professional Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at inContact (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2016.

Interview

First let me start by saying this was my second time interviewing with InContact. I had previously been through 3 rounds of interviews that were very professional and a positive experience despite not being offered that position.
    This interview could not have been further from parity. The InContact recruiter contacted me on a Wednesday and we set up a 30 minute phone interview with the hiring director for the following Friday afternoon. A few hours before the interview I received an email indicating that a conflict had arisen and that the director would need to reschedule. Being in a management role and dealing with customers I know that things come up so I was not concerned and we rescheduled for the following Wednesday afternoon. The predetermined time for the interview came and after 20 minutes I emailed the recruiter indicating that I had not heard anything and providing my availability for the remainder of the week. I did receive a call 35 minutes after the scheduled time from the interviewer indicating that it "looks like I missed my time to call you", and asking me try them back during business hours the following day. I communicated back the next morning as was asked to call this person on their cell later that afternoon.
    I placed my call at the pre determined time and had the most awkward 12 minute conversation in which the interviewer was clearly not paying attention nor listening to responses as I was asked to repeat myself on two different responses.
    I was left with the impression that this interviewer did not want to be having this call and that it was an inconvenience. Very disappointing following the positive initial experience with this company.

Interview Questions

• What degrees/certifications do you hold   1 Answer

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at inContact (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2016.

Interview

Received an aptitude test via email, Then two phone interviews with Managers and Technical staff. Took 1 hr total. Did everything over Phone and email. The recruiter at first forgot I was out of state buy then corrected. Also the Email i received for my phone interview had my name wrong,

Interview Questions

• How have you handled a difficult customer? How do you feel about sharing knowledge? Standard interview questions.   Answer Question