Incident Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Incident Manager Interview Questions

When interviewing for a position as an incident manager, you can expect to be asked about your experience with different IT frameworks, personal incident management methods, and basic managerial skills. The interviewer may provide you with scenarios where different incidents occur within the service desk department to observe the processes you would use to categorize, prioritize, and respond to the incidents.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

General IT questions about network, troubleshooting, resource management etc. More specific questions about steps followed to resolve D/R problems like system outages and network disruptions. One of the interviewers asked minimal questions and spent the least amount of time with me, but spent that time picking apart my resume trying to find issues with the info I provided. Of the four people I spoke to, he seemed the least comfortable and the most rushed (likely new to his position...just my opinion). My final interview was with the hiring manager and after answering his questions he provided a fairly in-depth description of the network architecture that was in place for delivering TV content to their subscribers, which I found quite interesting.

1 Answer

Provided as much detail as I could. Answers provided seemed to be sufficient. Did not receive any negative feed back. I did a good deal of preparation for both the phone and the live interviews. Checked current info on the company and the Xfinity product line, which was very helpful. I did not get the job even though they told my recruiter that I was a "strong candidate". Several weeks later my recruiter contacted my and let me know that they still had not filled the position, which makes me think that the four people I met with were not all on the same page as to who they were looking for. So if that is the case, there may be other office politics going on (and I am not a big fan of office politics, which tends to have a negative impact on productivity), so I am kind of glad they passed on me.

Do I have experience in meeting SLAs?

1 Answer

I was asked to demonstrate my writing abilities since the job highly depends on it.

1 Answer

What do you want to get out of this job?

1 Answer

What are you looking for in a role with this company?

"Yes. You have completed the first trial. Great job."

"Yes."

1 Answer

"Yes. Another good question. Three more to go."

"Yes. Good question."

1 Answer

The question was; What explains this drop in Events/Incidents?

110 of 47 Interview Questions