Incident Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Incident Manager Interview Questions

When interviewing for a position as an incident manager, you can expect to be asked about your experience with different IT frameworks, personal incident management methods, and basic managerial skills. The interviewer may provide you with scenarios where different incidents occur within the service desk department to observe the processes you would use to categorize, prioritize, and respond to the incidents.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How/why do you think you would be a good fit for this position?

He makes them up as he goes Nothing meaningful Nothing meaningful Nothing meaningful

1 Answer

How would you change our current business model? Three strengths and weaknesses. Questions were more directed towards my resume.

There were no question asked of me, as the interviewer did not call as scheduled. However, I had prepared close to 20 questions about the job and the environment (with Northwestern Mutual being the client, I or anyone would want to know at a high-level their business practices, underlying software release methodology such as Agile or Waterfall, their software/IT platforms, office, etc.)

1 Answer

The manager asked why I want to work for Disney? This was expected, so I was ready.

There were no puzzle or game questions. No specific technical questions, but did ask for examples of my technical ability. Most questions asked about my experience and all were behavioral. As this was customer focused, many questions on examples with difficult customers and most stressful situation. Expect the standard "Why Microsoft?", as for any interview.

How would you investigate a nation state breach from start to finish be detailed as possible. How would you identify webshells and dll injection. How would an attacker achieve both. All the technical questions were scenario based instead of your traditional "What-is" questions which I prefer.

The asked many industry related questions regarding my ITIL experience and associated industry experience.

1 Answer

If my manager wanted to have the person directly involved with an ongoing overnight incident, and the next shift was coming in, how would I handle it.

1 Answer

Mostly technical in nature.

3140 of 47 Interview Questions