Incident Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Incident Manager

Incident Manager Interview Questions

When interviewing for a position as an incident manager, you can expect to be asked about your experience with different IT frameworks, personal incident management methods, and basic managerial skills. The interviewer may provide you with scenarios where different incidents occur within the service desk department to observe the processes you would use to categorize, prioritize, and respond to the incidents.

Top Interview Questions

If you do not get the job it would be because what reason do you believe?

There were no puzzle or game questions. No specific technical questions, but did ask for examples of my technical ability. Most questions asked about my experience and all were behavioral. As this was customer focused, many questions on examples with difficult customers and most stressful situation. Expect the standard "Why Microsoft?", as for any interview.

I expected professionalism and there was none. I wasn’t really asked any type of interview questions, he just kept reiterating what was on my resume, “so you worked at American Express…” that sort of thing.

What do you want to get out of this job?

1 Answer

General IT questions about network, troubleshooting, resource management etc. More specific questions about steps followed to resolve D/R problems like system outages and network disruptions. One of the interviewers asked minimal questions and spent the least amount of time with me, but spent that time picking apart my resume trying to find issues with the info I provided. Of the four people I spoke to, he seemed the least comfortable and the most rushed (likely new to his position...just my opinion). My final interview was with the hiring manager and after answering his questions he provided a fairly in-depth description of the network architecture that was in place for delivering TV content to their subscribers, which I found quite interesting.

1 Answer

The question was; What explains this drop in Events/Incidents?

1 Answer

Where do you see yourself in five years?

110 of 47 Interview Questions