Industrial designer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Industrial designer Interview Questions

industrial designer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

There wasn't a specific question that was difficult. The process felt thorough due to the number of people involved and the diversity of backgrounds. They took the materials I presented and asked for clear rationale for each decision made.

1 Answer

Know how to get a product made and how your role interfaces with those around you.

These were more interpersonal questions about who I was and what I like to do/inspired by. Obviously questions about my work and why I chose to do certain things.

1 Answer

How fast can you work? because you are only given small amounts of time on projects.

1 Answer

What do you prefer environmental or product design?

1 Answer

If I was willing to relocate.

1 Answer

They asked me to do a little sketch exercise the week following the interview with a sample design project.

1 Answer

Asked if I had any experience presenting to The Home Depot or Lowe's.

1 Answer

Since many companies like to create a " culture" it was inquired of me as to how much of a team-player I can be.

1 Answer

From sketching, to Digital CAD modeling, to physical full-scale fabricating with CNC, which stage of design is your favorite to work in?

1 Answer

My design process and tasks within a group project as well as my favorite project.

110 of 113 Interview Questions