innoPath Interview Questions in Sunnyvale, CA | Glassdoor

3.5

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at innoPath (Sunnyvale, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

Spoke with recruiter first via telephone. This was followed up with SME telephone interview. Thereafter I was brought in on two seperate ocassions for a combination of 1:1 interviews & group interview sessions. The most challenging interviews were with the hiring VP and the CEO. The CEO (to date) interviews all perspective candidates.

Interview Questions

• Designing a new interface real time from a concept conversation.   1 Answer
    • What would you do differently with this UI if you had more time to work on it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was very honest up front with the first recruiter telephone call. After finalize the interviews HR revisited the question and I answered with consistency relative to the first amount I gave them. I had to be flexible and they were honest with that up front.

Advice - be honest and don't beat around the bush.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at innoPath (Sunnyvale, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

in phone interview, director asked questions on issues in designing large scale high volume systems.

In on-site interview it was 6 people including VP of engineering. They asked questions varying from web services to hibernate to logical to hardest challenges faced/solved.

Interview Questions

• there are 2 ropes. Each takes 1 hour to totally burn off. But you cant say that half rope burns in 30 min. It is of irregular thickness. Using these 2 ropes how do you measure 45 minutes.   2 Answers
    • explain the biggest issue faced and how you solved it   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at innoPath (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

InnoPath seems to follow the pattern of sequential gatekeepers, i.e. the next-higher person will be "in a meeting" if you haven't passed the current level successfully. On the other hand, the process isn't reaally as organized as it might be, and the next person may actually be unavailable--in which a return visit will be needed. There's more emphasis on being able to understand and explain ideas and decision processes than on proving that your experience is identical to the "ideal candidate" profile someone has envisioned, and "overqualified" won't be a problem. Do expect the initial interview to contain some tough technical questions, but don't expect that you should be able to answer all of them authoritatively.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between SQL inner and outer joins (asked of a non-specialist in databases).   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at innoPath (Sunnyvale, CA) in November 2009.

Interview

Initial phone interview went well and was brought in for 1:1 interview with 4 other Engineers.

Interview Questions

• How do you get the process ID in Unix?   1 Answer
    • How to you monitor the CPU usage in Unix?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very little wiggle room