Insurance Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor
Insurance Agent Interview Questions

Insurance Agent Interview Questions

"When interviewing for a position as an insurance agent, you can expect to be asked about your general knowledge of insurance policies and sales experience, and you may be asked to role-play a few scenarios where you have to sell insurance to various customers. Your employer will want to ensure you have the sales and customer services skills to sell the right insurance policies to the right customers. Licensing requirements vary by state and insurance type, and you should research the job's required licensing before attending the interview."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How would you generate sales.

2 Answers

Pursuing all my friends who are just now in the stage of life where they need insurance for things.

Identify the target market( Lower income families age 45-85) drop 1000 piece mailings every week to target market. As the 1to2% leads come in generated from the mail piece I would call prospects, verify they have a checking account, make an appointment. This is a one call close so you should sell 70% of appointments. Ask for referrals and knock on doors to the left and to the right and across the street. Also, I would knock on doors in the above mentioned neighborhoods. There is $20 behind every door and I would knock on as many as I could. Final Expense is an easy sell, you just have to get out there and work. Randy C.

Do you have any previous sales experience?

1 Answer

Are you comfortable with entering people's homes and explaining/handling insurance policies?

2 Answers

they won't tell you that you will work for free the first two weeks and wont be officially hired until yo write for deals, that comes after you have commited and starting to work there. htese are all facts

17 Answers

Why isn't money the most important thing to you?

3 Answers

Tell me about yourself

2 Answers

Can you attain your securities license within three months?

1 Answer

Situation questions, such as: name a time when you went above and beyond for a customer. They want completely specific answers.

Why did you chose us?

1 Answer

Nothing was surprising or unexpected while interviewing, but of course if you don't interview on an individual level you are really never challenged in your belief system.

110 of 1,786 Interview Questions