Insurance Carriers interview questions | Glassdoor

Interview Questions

23,706

interview questions shared by candidates

Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

There's a scale where items can be weighed at the ends and 6 cue balls, but only one weighs more than the others. What's the least number of weigh ins possibly in order to determine the heaviest ball?

3 Answers

Most of the questions were of the "Tell me about a time when you had to..." variety (STAR: Situation, Task, Action, Result). You also are given a folder at the beginning and you have to choose 3 words, out of 9 possible, that best describe you, and you are asked to explain why you chose each one of them. Another question was why am I interested in the insurance industry? (Answer I gave below).

3 Answers

Be as detailed as possible with situations from previous employment.

4 Answers

Jim has 42 cents and has 8 coins, and Jack has 56 cents and has 6 coins. Which has more nickels than the other?

4 Answers

An insurance company only makes a payout when damage is above 1000. Only 50% of the damage above 1000, including the 1000 is paid out. If the payout was 1250, what was the damage?

3 Answers

How many jellybeans would fit in a 747.

3 Answers

"What new policy or procedure have you had to implement at a previous job, and how did you adapt to it?"

3 Answers

Imagine you're working for Geico and we are promoting a faster way to pay online. I caller calls in to make a payment and as you try to explain the new and fast way to pay they immediately say they are not interested. What do you do?

4 Answers

What is your career path?

2 Answers

We don't really have any questions for you, is there anything more you'd like to ask us? (at panel interview)

2 Answers