Insurance underwriter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for insurance underwriter

Insurance underwriter Interview Questions

insurance underwriter interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

I was asked "What I could bring to the table?" before I really knew what the position entailed. I explain that I had experience at multiple insurance agencies - all of which they performed underwriting for - and I have experience at all stages of the insurance process.

3 Answers

There were not really any hard questions or "trick questions." They just asked me expected questions, and I answered them truthfully. It just seemed straightforward and a refreshing change compared to employers that take weeks and string you along in the interview and/or hiring process. It's a pity that I was treated without respect after only 5 days and terminated along with 2 other underwriters placed by the same staffing agency. MJ Kelly just withdrew their contract with the staffing agency. I was given no reason.

Owner fires people on a regular basis... including managers... turnover is frequent HO in MO is ok to work for... but stay away from Little Rock office

I would totally stay away from MJ Kelly. Horrible bosses and only Springfield office is good!

Why do you want to work here

2 Answers

Multilingual

1 Answer

Finally I was asked how much insurance I have outside of group insurance at work, to get me to join SFG and put coverage in place for me and my immediate family members.

1 Answer

They also asked if I knew family, friends, neighbors or staff at my current job who wanted to earn more income and have a better 'Work / Life Balance'?

1 Answer

What did I know about the company?

1 Answer

What do you like to do on your free time?

1 Answer

Knowledge about insurance and insurance operations

1 Answer

Asked about my religion...huge red flag! Thank goodness I was Baptist (although owner hypocrite!)

1 Answer

If I have an insurance license?; and if not, when can I start studying to obtain one?

110 of 18 Interview Questions