Integrations Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Integrations Engineer Interview Questions

Integrations engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

How does a substrate bias (a.k.a. back-gate bias) on a MOS transistor affect Vt?

2 Answers

A back-gate bias increases the magnitude of Vt. The mechanism is an increase in the depletion width of the induced p-n junction under the gate. This uncovers more fixed charge in the channel region. (The mobile charge gets "pulled" to the substrate contact.) Since the uncovered fixed charge has the same sign as the channel inversion charge, not as much channel inversion charge is needed to balance the charge on the gate. As a result, some of the inversion charge flows out the source terminal, so the channel isn't as inverted as it was prior to applying the substrate bias. Therefore, the gate voltage needs to increase in magnitude to restore the previous level of channel inversion.

Generally speaking, it is the so called body effect. For NMOS, with the decrease of VB, VTH increases.

Then there are the brain teaser questions that test how well you can think outside-the-box. Here's one, how do you get 8 equally-sized pieces of a birthday cake from only 3 straight cuts?

1 Answer

Lots (a whole lot) of technical questions. Know your equations, concepts, etc. Was asked a couple questions like: "(*such and such event*) just happened, how do you fix this within the next 30 min so that we can launch? Would you do anything differently if given more time?"

1 Answer

Create an arbitrary ternary phase diagram and explain it.

1 Answer

How can we reduce channel length modulation?

1 Answer

What do you do for fun after work? What would you like to do with us after work?

common questions

1 Answer

Given the class: CStudent { char *name char grade }; There are 1 million objects... a) what is the fastest way to sort by grade (primary sort) and name (secondary sort) ? b) what is the fastest way to sort by name ? c) Order notation... what is the time required to sort by name ?

1 Answer

A question related to a technique I presented as part of my research, but of which was enough removed that I could dig myself a hole if I was not careful.

1 Answer

What I can bring to the table.

110 of 222 Interview Questions