Interior Designer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interior Designer Interview Questions

"When applying to be an interior designer at a design firm, you may be interviewed on your personal design tastes, people skills, knowledge of safety codes and regulations, and design experience. The interviewer will want to evaluate your ability to work with clients with diverse tastes to create functional, beautiful, safe living spaces that are as unique as their clients. Bring a portfolio with examples of your work to show the interviewer. Interior designers are expected to have a bachelor's degree with a focus on interior design."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What type of design style do I not like?

1 Answer

It isn't my style that I need to deliver to the client, it is theirs. I do my best to NOT influence the design by my bias or preference.

What would you like to design / your future?

1 Answer

What programs are you proficient in?

The usual suspects

1 Answer

Only question asked in our now 8 minute call was " How do you handle CONFLICT both inside the firm as well as with the clients? " THIS WAS THE OPENING QUESTION FROM A CREATIVE/ TECHNICAL FIRM? So after I stated I had heard the same first question from another Seattle leading design firm I concluded that coffee and cloud cover make for less than happy work environments in Seattle. Creative, pressure cooker environments are my playground but this is NOT the first question I would ask of my new hires. Total turn off and a super red flag that you will be swimming with nasty sharks in and out of the office. Creativity is not fruitful when the charge is all negative surrounding the teams.

1 Answer

What was the question you were asked?

1 Answer

What do I understand about the scope of the position applying for?

1 Answer

What salary would you expect?

1 Answer

If I had any prior intern experience.

1 Answer

Tell me about yourself as a child? (odd)

110 of 247 Interview Questions