Interpreter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interpreter Interview Questions

Interpreter interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Why do you want to be a Park Ranger?

3 Answers

I respect the work of a Park Ranger. They have to represent the rule and regs on the Park, and be "uncool" when enforcing. I also know that they have to understand and have compassion for park guests who are visiting and honestly just trying to have a good time with family and friends.

Balance and good judgement are what we all hope for in matters of enforcement. This is something I feel like comes naturally. If I were a judge, the morals of the BIble (same as taught with modern moral code) would be my guide. I also would make as my guide the importance of firm compliance with rules if the park. Yet, I would demonstrate compassion and patience with the Park visitors.

I have performed the duties of an interpretive park ranger before. This is a very fun job that takes huge amounts of energy. You educate the public on exciting fun topics and the make known your conservation iaaues affecting the region and in particular the park. The TPWD mission can be fully realized every day while performing this high energy work. It is a "calling." For those who love it and have the public speaking ability and inspiration to be a dynamic teacher all day to a variety of audiences of all ages, this is not a job, it's pure fun. Only people who consider this demanding and very public job "fun" should seek the position. There have been periods for a year or two, where I was all about doing this service. It is an enormous opportunity to have a job doing that which inspires happiness, and is part of a worthy nature conservation cause. The right person for this job, stands out like a Bobcat in a bank. They will be the big fluffy, energetic, ceaselessly smiling science living goof ball with a good hearted passion for excess of nature on a daily basis . An unusual position which could be perfect for your temperament one year and a bit much to chew at other times .

What is your mother tongue? Primary language.

3 Answers

What would you do if the patient (LEP) is using grotesque words?

3 Answers

Where have you previously worked?

3 Answers

Can you do our 2 week class monday - friday from 5-10pm for 2 weeks?

2 Answers

Talk about one time I had to deal with a difficult situation.

2 Answers

how did you prepare for this language check-up, you can describe it down to details.

2 Answers

If I had any experience with interpretation in a legal setting.

2 Answers

Have you had any interpreter experience?

2 Answers

Can you work afternoons and evenings?

1 Answer