Investigator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Investigator Interview Questions

"When hiring investigators, employers are looking for candidates with top-notch observational, communication, and problem solving skills. In an interview, you'll want to demonstrate that you are a critical thinker with strong research abilities and an in depth knowledge of the law. The precise questions you'll be asked will depend on the type of investigation you are looking into, so make sure to do your homework on your employer's line of work."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Tell me how you would conduct an interview of a reference for security clearance.

1 Answer

Identity of reference, determine scope of relationship, ask questions to verify they know the person, ask the designated questions.

How do you detect fraud? What experience do you have?

1 Answer

What would you do if your supervisor told you to look the other way?

1 Answer

Which other candidate do you think we should not consider? ( We were all internal promotions and went together)

1 Answer

How would you handle working with a difficult manager?

1 Answer

They asked me about tier one investigation.

1 Answer

Sometimes the same question would be asked in different ways, such as how do you draw information out of a subject matter expert.

Do you wear leather.

3 Answers

Regular questions. Why E&Y? Why FIDs? Tell me about a time when you were working on something and thought everything was going well but at the last minute you realized that it was not going well, how did you approach the situation?

1 Answer

I was asked about my pharmacy experience. Had to wing that because I did not think I would be asked about pharmacy in the interview. However, my answers must have been good.

2 Answers