Investigator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Investigator Interview Questions

"When hiring investigators, employers are looking for candidates with top-notch observational, communication, and problem solving skills. In an interview, you'll want to demonstrate that you are a critical thinker with strong research abilities and an in depth knowledge of the law. The precise questions you'll be asked will depend on the type of investigation you are looking into, so make sure to do your homework on your employer's line of work."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How do you detect fraud? What experience do you have?

1 Answer

Worked in Houston, TX with a partner who has a detective agency; I'm a Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) and have worked in Houston, TX for years.

Tell me how you would conduct an interview of a reference for security clearance.

1 Answer

Are you comfortable with legal documents and litigation records?

Describe my experience as an OPM Background Investigator

1 Answer

I was asked about my pharmacy experience. Had to wing that because I did not think I would be asked about pharmacy in the interview. However, my answers must have been good.

2 Answers

Why do you want to work for Shopko?

1 Answer

Describe a situation when you let your manager down.

2 Answers

Very straight forward situational questions. They were the standard SAR (Situation, Action, Results) questions.

1 Answer

Most "difficult question" is tell me about yourself. Also think of at least 3 insightful questions for you to ask your interviewers. It'll show you took the time to research the company.

1 Answer

What makes you most qualified for the job?

110 of 658 Interview Questions