IOS Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IOS Engineer Interview Questions

IOS engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

One question 3 of the interviewers asked me was "What was the most difficult thing you had to deal with.".

6 Answers

Think about it first, it's hard to remember all what you did in a few seconds. Be ready to brag about your experience, your achievements, what you're proud about. Overall I feel like what is rewarded is you as you are. What you did is a proof of what you are. I don't even hold a bachelor degree, and never worked in a fancy company before.

What were they especially looking in an iOS engineer? Did you code everything in Objective C?

My understanding is that they are looking for reasonably excited people, who can solve medium-hard algorithm problems (not crazy ones, kinda array sorting and stuff), and know well their language and platform (in our case iOS/Objective-C). And yes, all was in Objective-C. At some point I asked if Python would be more adapted, they insisted I do all in Objective-C. I just feel Objective-C is a little heavy (syntax wise) for algorithm problems... Good luck :)

If you have a program that runs slow, how will you improve it to run faster?

7 Answers

Write a function that determines which function is a mirror number. i.e. 12321 would return YES

6 Answers

Emphasis on algorithms and complexity analysis and some higher-level design. Process is perhaps more focussed on discussion of alternatives/trade-offs/complexity over necessarily nailing a "perfect" answer in the provided time.

2 Answers

How would you copy a custom object like a "Node" from a search tree in Objective C?

3 Answers

What is ARC?

1 Answer

How would you build this UI? (The example to build was a UITableView.)

1 Answer

What's the difference between a strong and weak reference?

1 Answer

stack or a heap, which is faster?

2 Answers

How use the native iOS apis for the web service calls?

110 of 361 Interview Questions