Account Manager Interview Questions in Irvine, CA | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Account Manager

Account Manager Interview Questions in Irvine, CA

"When interviewing for an account owner position, be prepared to speak to your skills in communications, marketing, and client relations. Employers will be interested in your ability to create long lasting relationships with clients and generate sales for a portfolio of accounts. Your interviewer may test your abilities with a role play question, so be prepared to give a mock sales pitch to a difficult client."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

The focus of questioning centered on one's knowledge of social media, and not on sales skills and communication.

1 Answer

My biggest concern was the company's claim of existence dating back to 1979, the California Secretary of State's website list origination in 2009. They claim a specialty in social media, but the internet was obviously not in existence in 1979, and the owner knew nothing about direct mail, an obsolete advertising media, all of this leading me to question their claimed origination date and experience. If this company is deceptive about their experience, what else will they misrepresent?

Standard sales questions.

1 Answer

The most difficult question was to explain how you intend on being successful at your position based on the fact that I had not worked in direct sales. My answer was that it is in listening to your customer and delivering on their needs which is the philosophy of Versadial as well.

1 Answer

I was asked repeatedly in my second interview what makes me a good sales person in a very interrogative way. At the end of the interview I was told in a demeaning manner what I should have said. There are many things that make a good sales person however they are looking for one specific answer which seemed a little extreme and would be almost luck if a person gave the correct answer.

Tell me about yourself

1 Answer

They asked me about methods that I used to penetrate strategic accounts.

1 Answer

How soon do you expect to make commission? Trick question....at this company the usual time frame is 6 months but some (like myself) reach it sooner. If there is a natural disaster that affects the component industry it is possible to hit commission sooner...but don't count on it betore 6 months and it takes a good year to see continual commission opportunities.

1 Answer

When I was done with the tests I was asked how I felt about having been asked to come to their office only to find out I was there to take IQ and personality tests, and was not there not for an actual interview. I asked why those tests were not done online so that applicants could do them from the comfort of their home. The manager was appalled and told me it was done in the office to prevent cheating! I got the distinct impression she did not appreciate the question.

1 Answer

Tell me about a time when you responded to an internal/external customer’s request quicker than expected. Contract that with a time when you failed to meet an internal/external customer’s expectations. What was the difference?

1 Answer

Walk me through how you handle a sales process. (Something like that)

110 of 91 Interview Questions