Product Manager Interview Questions in Irvine, CA | Glassdoor

Product Manager Interview Questions in Irvine, CA

Often considered the "CEO" of their product area, product managers oversee the strategy, production, and implementation of a particular product. Because product management teams include members from different backgrounds such as engineering, design, and data design, product managers must have strong communication skills and excel in cross-functional work environments. Expect to answer questions about your management abilities, prioritization skills, and experience working in product. Though not required, technical backgrounds are advantageous particularly when applying for roles at tech companies.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How familiar are you with Kelley Blue Book's syndicated products?

1 Answer

I wasn't familiar with them so I stated so.

Every interviewer asked, "How do you deal with strong personalities?"

1 Answer

The software question was to implement a matrix manipulation function that took a vector of numbers from a file and generated a N X N matrix. The request was to actually implement this and create an executable and fully test this function in C. Thats what was fairly time consuming albeit a fairly easy problem to solve.

1 Answer

Specific scenario of how to advertise an app on Amazon even though other items produced higher profits. How to prove it out.

1 Answer

What product function in related products do you find beneficial?

Experience questions. They want me to walk through them how I want to solve their current problem.

For a PM position, Google wants to understand your thought process. Even though the questions were very general, I felt they asked me a lot of technical questions (i.e. algorithms)

What would your colleagues say is your biggest strength?

Standard Behavioral questions (Why OpenText, Why PM, Why will you make a good PM?)

110 of 49 Interview Questions