Analyst Interview Questions in Irving, TX | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Analyst

Analyst Interview Questions in Irving, TX

"Analysts work in a variety of fields to break down complex problems and find solutions. When interviewing candidates, employers are looking for applicants who have strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as an in-depth knowledge of the field. For more information on the specific questions you'll be asked, try researching a particular role such as business analyst, financial analyst, programming analyst, or data analyst."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Tell me something you don't like about your current boss.

2 Answers

I think this is the question that sank me. I told them the only thing I didn't like about my current boss was that he didn't stand up for himself to HIS boss. In turn, I spoke ill of my manager's boss while trying not to speak ill of my own boss.

They actually asked me this as well. My last boss I loved and I made sure to indicate that I told them specifically why. The boss I had before that I told them I struggled with because of her lack of availability and thus feedback. It was hard for me to develop professionally if I didn't know where I could improve, because I had no idea what areas I was lacking. Also could not get even a 20min meeting with her 100% attention. Not sure how my response to their question was received though as it was asked over the phone..

Would you accept a project with negative NpV?

Precious sale experience?

1 Answer

Name a time when another co worker was not pulling his weight.

1 Answer

What was your desired pay?

1 Answer

How comfortable are you with working on multiple projects in a collaborative environment? Tell me about some of the projects you've worked on in the past. How familiar are you with Sql? How do you handle making decisions with minimal notice? Tell me a time when you had to deal with conflict.

1 Answer

More than just a question, just an open ended back and forth at lunch can make you self-conscious about your table manners and things that may get you off your "game" with respect to what you are accustomed to in your interviews. The normal behavioral questions. You are in charge of most of the direction of table conversation, and that can be intimidating for those that can over analyze their actions.

1 Answer

Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a peer and what did you do to resolve it?

1 Answer

There weren't any difficult questions

1 Answer

What are your *three* biggest strengths and *three* biggest weaknesses? What is the biggest misconception people have of you?

110 of 255 Interview Questions