Project Manager Interview Questions in Irving, TX | Glassdoor

Project Manager Interview Questions in Irving, TX

As a project manager, it is your job to oversee the creation and execution of company projects and ensure that all team members stay on track to meet deadlines. Expect interview questions that will assess your ability to lead a group and communicate effectively to members with different roles and varying concerns. As the scope, schedule, and cost of a project can change frequently, the interviewer may ask you to role-play a few scenarios in which a project deadline changes or several group members leave the company.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

"Do you think you can handle our projects?"

1 Answer

Um... Given my experience, there (pointing) on my resume... Absolutely....

Describe your management style.

1 Answer

What would I do to take over the project management position at the company?

1 Answer

Describe a situation where you overcame a stumbling block.

1 Answer

Job description stated min 10 years Sr level PM experience managing multi-million dollar IT projects or process re-engineering projects. When I interviewed, it was not with the hiring manager that HR provided me either time. In addition, the team that did interview me explained that the role was an IT infrastructure PM role, and that the job description was borrowed from their San Antonio office, and did not reflect what they were sourcing for in Irving. Since I am a Software Development PM, not an infrastructure PM, I was not qualified for either role that HR set up interviews on.

1 Answer

What is your experience in managing projects and working with cross functional teams?

1 Answer

How do you deal with multiple projects and multiple deadlines, and can you handle a fast paced environment.

If you had to choose one phase of the project to be most important, which phase would it be?

Senior leadership was very interested in discussing how a Project Manger can motivate their resources to perform and how would I handle a situation where the motivation did not work.

110 of 36 Interview Questions