It consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor
It consultant Interview Questions

It consultant Interview Questions

"IT consultants must have extensive knowledge of their companies systems as well as great business and interpersonal skills. Because of this, interviews will feature questions about IT services themselves as well as case studies on how you would solve problems for clients purchasing those services. A bachelor's degree in IT, computer science, business, or a related field is required."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Three things occur at once. A baby is crying, a tea kettle is whistling, and the phone is ringing. In which order will you take of the problems and why?

3 Answers

Take the kettle off so you can hear the caller once you answer the phone. Do these both and you've removed the likely causes of the baby's crying.

Check on the baby in case its a life/death situation then pick up the call because it could be an emergency then deal with the kettle afterwards since its highly unlikely that it could be a lif/death situation

Turn off the kettle, attend to the baby, and let the phone go to voice mail. Turn off the kettle first because it would be too risky to hold the baby near a stove in operation with steam coming from the kettle. Attend to the baby because once you have removed environmental risks, it is the most critical situation and most immediately resolvable. If the phone cannot be answered before the baby's crying has been resolved, delegate the task of answering to voice mail, and then answer the voice mail at the earliest possible chance.

How do I managed to priorities my work.+ Tech skills QA

2 Answers

What are some of your strengths/weaknesses Scenario questions (ex: If you were faced with an angry customer how would you handle the situation?)

2 Answers

Are you willing and able to provide support on nights and weekends?

3 Answers

One or more comments have been removed.
Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

The real zinger came at the end when they demanded previous compensation information. They said they wouldn't make an offer without it. Not only did they demand it, they demanded previous paycheck stubs as proof of it. I refused of course, and didn't call them back.

2 Answers

The were trying to see if I knew how to handle a situation where the client might be rude to you.

2 Answers

How much experience I had with IT consulting, Break fix and customer service.

2 Answers

nothing, just went over resume.

2 Answers

they asked about setting up a windows server and how much help I thought I would need

1 Answer

Kept comparing previous workers with myself . Not cool. That is why I contacted previous workers. Their SQL database is not currently or properly updated. Third party I.T. is awful

1 Answer