IT Contractor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IT Contractor Interview Questions

IT contractor interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What experience do you have with ... (being a list of the tools and monitors frequently used by the team)?

1 Answer

I had considerable experience with one of the tools, and focused on how I had been using it in my previous job/role.

Can you pass a drug screen. Can you work any shift.

1. Technical questions are based on what you have written in your resume

1 Answer

Asked questions unrelated to actual job opening. Focused on my prior job history which has been long and successful.

1 Answer

iT was a phone call. She called with no formal introduction of herself. It sounded like a call from a restaurant that my order was ready. Seriously, that was the most unprofessional call in my career. She had 2 specific questions and I answered them and then she abruptly said "sure well have next steps ready", then the recruiter called to say she was not interested because I did not specific skillset of XYZ but the interviewer did not ask any questions about XYZ. Basically, whoever she was, she was dismissing candidates and then just saying they don't have the experience. This was truly irresponsible!!!! IT just seemed like she was not the decision maker. She was taking notes for the decision maker. Amateur interviewer!!! Whoever is interviewing they must have the patience to interview a candidate. She does not have the right to dismiss candidates from the applicant pool..Good candidates are being dismissed which could benefit the company.

1 Answer

Describe your experience with Fidelity products

1 Answer

How familar are you with mainframe, such as coding, install processes etc.

1 Answer

They asked me about my IT experience and other simple questions

1 Answer

They were all pretty standard and related to the position.

Since my background wasn't technical, they asked about my willingness/ability to learn IT basics on the job.

110 of 32 Interview Questions