IT Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IT Developer Interview Questions

IT developer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

what is 2 phase initialization?

1 Answer

What was your favorite programming project in school?

1 Answer

The questions are very standard, just google behavioral interview questions and you will be able to find them all online. They are usually aligned with Eaton's competencies, like 'Dealing with ambiguity' or 'Driving for results'. The most difficult questions are where they ask you to demonstrate a time where you didn't display being competent in a certain area. They are very critical on these questions. Try to think of a situation where you struggled but still came out of it in a positive way.

1 Answer

Why I hadn't had any prior internships?

1 Answer

What happens when a file that a process is using is deleted

2 Answers

Tell me a time where you overcame a task you did not know how to do at first?

1 Answer

Bob can make a cigar from 5 used butts of old cigars. If he has 25 cigar butts, how many cigars can he smoke?

1 Answer

There really weren't any that were difficult. I am used to extremely technical developer interviews such as when I have interviewed in the oil and gas industry. The Stuttering Director asked nothing but teh Sr Developers were nice and had a very few high level questions.

1 Answer

The question which rose my eyebrows was : How would I react in case of injustice.

1 Answer

How would you handle local caching of a web application in case you want that web application to run without an internet connection on the client? (I respond.) Oh, that's a good idea. But wait, we mean just for Chrome? (I respond.) Oh, that would work, too, but we are looking for something specific. (I respond.) Oh, we'll just tell you. You could use Local DB storage using HTML 5. (I respond.) Oh, we know you don't have HTML 5 experience, but we decided to ask the question and waste your time, as well as ours, to try to get a very specific answer out of you, but without giving you a specific question! Isn't this fun?

1120 of 209 Interview Questions