IT Help Desk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IT Help Desk Interview Questions

IT help desk interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What is the overall speed of an ethernet cable?

1 Answer

There are tons of different types of ethernet cable speeds.

"Do you have any reservations reporting to a woman."

What is your weakness

1 Answer

Do you prefer to work alone or with a team?

1 Answer

Asking me why I waited 5 yrs. after My College graduation To apply to them? And in Return they give up on me and never Contacted my back for a second Interview.

1 Answer

If the position was split into two roles, one being a more technical hands on and the other more of a management role, which would I choose?

1 Answer

can i create a tshirt website for the owner

1 Answer

Only question asked was whether I had a copy of my resume. I handed one to recruiter, she took not even a minute glance and just said you are definitely qualified.

1 Answer

All types from Tell us about yourself to networking questions.

1 Answer

Let me start off by saying I had applied for this position twice. I was first contacted by email in late December by a person named Sunnie who happened to work in HR. She requested we do a phone interview so I had responded with specific date and time that I could speak with her. The same day we were supposed to speak she e-mailed me letting me know the position had been closed and didn't give any explanation as to why it was closed. A month had passed and I was setup to receive "notifications" from MedSpring on new IT positions and once again I was emailed with the same position. I promptly applied for it only to get the same "message" from Sunnie. I figured I would go for it again so I replied to her email and no response. Since there was no phone number listed for her I looked her up on LinkedIn and found her. I contacted her and she called me the very same day! She asked if we could do a phone interview the following day and I stated that was fine. I passed the phone interview with flying colors or well at least I thought I did very well. Following that I was invited to go to MedSpring's corporate office a couple days later as they were going to make a decision by the following Friday. Here are a few questions that I was asked for the phone interview: Tell me about yourself Why do you want to work at MedSpring? What is the reason you want to move on from your current position? Do you have any direct experience with EMR/EHR software? If offered a position how soon could you start working? The first portion of the interview was held with David S. the IT director which he briefly gave an overview of the company, the direction of the company, etc. The second portion was the "technical portion" with Jason S. which I couldn't tell if he liked me or not as he was really sick and then on top of that he had the nerve to constantly answer his phone and respond to his e-mails while in the interview. They were somewhat questions, but in the long run they wanted me to describe certain things: What can you tell me about Active Directory? What can you tell me about Windows encryption? How would you recover a deleted file off the network? What are four things you need to set a static IP? How would you handle an upset customer? Can you tell me how to archive email from Exchange if someone were to be "let go"? Describe items you can use for Power Shell. What is DNS? What are MX records? What type of devices on a network would you set with static IP's? Overall, I wasted 3.5 hours of my time for this interview. They told me they were to make a decision by the following day and when I checked my status they closed the position entirely. To me it sounds like this company is very political and not something that I would enjoy.

110 of 162 Interview Questions