IT Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor
IT Manager Interview Questions

IT Manager Interview Questions

"IT managers oversee teams of IT technicians in order to maintain a company's technology infrastructure. Employers will be looking for candidates who combine technical know-how with superb managerial and communication skills. In preparation for an interview, come ready to discuss your knowledge of the field, leadership experience, and conflict management abilities."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

How would you establish a department budget

1 Answer

How would you handle change management on a project like this?

1 Answer

Are you the type of person who would like daily direction from your boss, or would you rather meet once a month for an hour and work under your own direction?

1 Answer

All wanted to hear details of my experience

1 Answer

Tell me how you would set up a shared folder. Explain the difference between folder permissions and share permissions. How would you troubleshoot a problem with an Executive's email if no one else was available? Can you configure a router? Can you configure a firewall? Have you worked with MPLS?

1 Answer

Did you play any sports in High School? Were you any good? What is your dream car, and why? What do you like about living in this area? Tell me about your hobbies and interests, outside of work. Do you consider yourself a compassionate person?

Why should we hire you?

1 Answer

A customer calls and complains that one of her servers gets knocked offline for 20 minutes every evening at 6 pm for no reason. Trouble shooting and testing during regular hours shows no issue. How would you resolve this?

1 Answer

Tell me about a time when you had to fire an employee for poor performance. How would you handle an employee who was tasked with a critical project, and not making significant progress? Have you ever promoted an employee, only to find out they were not right for the new position? What did you do? How much time do you think you need to assess the department before recommending changes? What are your top three priorities coming into the department, and how long would you expect to take to meet them?

1 Answer

"What you can you do for us right away when you walk in the door?"

3140 of 1,290 Interview Questions