IT Operations Interview Questions | Glassdoor

IT Operations Interview Questions

IT operations interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Have you handled major systems replacements and worked to manage several other projects at the same time to ensure interoperability.

1 Answer

I have experience in this area so I answered with examples. You will need to have experience PMing multiple medium/large projects simultaneously for this kind of role here.

why google

3 Answers

Tell me about a time when you had to fire an employee for poor performance. How would you handle an employee who was tasked with a critical project, and not making significant progress? Have you ever promoted an employee, only to find out they were not right for the new position? What did you do? How much time do you think you need to assess the department before recommending changes? What are your top three priorities coming into the department, and how long would you expect to take to meet them?

1 Answer

Did you play any sports in High School? Were you any good? What is your dream car, and why? What do you like about living in this area? Tell me about your hobbies and interests, outside of work. Do you consider yourself a compassionate person?

1 Answer

Tell me how you would set up a shared folder. Explain the difference between folder permissions and share permissions. How would you troubleshoot a problem with an Executive's email if no one else was available? Can you configure a router? Can you configure a firewall? Have you worked with MPLS?

1 Answer

Describe how DNS works from the client to the server. Whiteboarding required.

1 Answer

Pick your favorite MTA and describe email server process in delivering email. How email is handled when it is undelivered. Whiteboarding required.

1 Answer

Would I be able to travel occasionally

1 Answer

"Tell me what you did today at work"

1 Answer

What do you think of our website.

110 of 141 Interview Questions