It systems engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

It systems engineer Interview Questions

it systems engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

If 6 men can do a piece of work in 14 days, how many men are needed to do the work in 21 days?

4 Answers

The correct answer is actually 4. It takes one person 84 days to do a piece of work (6 times 14), so it would take 4 men to do it in 21 days.

Challenge that to Reynolds & Reynolds. This was their answer from the answers sheet.

One or more comments have been removed.
Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

The interviewers did not read my entire resume and only concentrated on areas that I did not have any experience with, which was not even part of my resume. One person even mentioned this to me as I inquired if they had looked at my material. They told me the job required someone to know coding, even though the coding aspect is only a small piece of the job. The job itself had other descriptions that the interviewers fail to inquire about and only concentrated on what I lacked. I am more than qualified based on the job description. They also did not find me to have hands-on experience, which again is not true and my resume highlights many key factors showing hands-on approach. (this is what happens when you don't read someone's resume thoroughly). I was told that I was a very nice guy, but that I would not be a good fit due to lack of experience.

2 Answers

What character is used for comments in a DNS zone file.

1 Answer

1. I was asked to explain what FSMO Roles do within the scope of Active Directory. 2. I was asked to explain the differences between Fibre Channel SAN's and iSCSI SAN's.

1 Answer

how do you find out the memory on X amount of Linux systems.

Ohio State or Michigan

1 Answer

How much experience do you have coding and scripting for monitoring systems integration?

1 Answer

I was asked a lot of questions regarding my comfort levels with multiple technologies. There were a lot of questions that were intended to feel out how willing I would be to learn new technologies or coding languages.

1 Answer

They asked for me to talk about the technical depth for several of the items that I had shown on my resume, thankfully I was honest on my resume and was able to provide the right answers and subsequently received approval for the right job.

1 Answer

Threw phone on table. Asked to name model and operating system. (This should have been the red flag....)

110 of 79 Interview Questions