Java Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Java Developer Interview Questions

"Junior developers are often responsible for writing the more monotonous and simple code required by senior members of the development team. Because of this, interviews will be designed to test your knowledge of the fundamentals of Java so be prepared to answer technical questions that you likely came across in college. Data structures and algorithms will be heavily emphasised. A bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience is required. "

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

Arrays vs. ArrayLists

1 Answer

Describe Java trees, and why balancing them is important.

1 Answer

What is inheritance, polymorphism, encapsulation

1 Answer

What is hashing, Big O notation, and what is the Big O notation of a hash structure vs. a tree structure.

1 Answer

I answered that I am strong on core java 8/10. The Lead asked me why not 10/10?

1 Answer

They asked for details about something I had done in college about 8 years ago to make sure I was who I said I was.

1 Answer

Not all that unexpected, but it's the only one I remember: What might cause a memory leak on a page, and how do you fix it?

1 Answer

Open-ended question about a parking lot. It was purposefully vague to see which direction the interviewee took the problem.

1 Answer

I was asked different questions like : 1. Difference between immutable and mutable type 2. Difference between StringBuffer and StringBuilder 3. Maven commands 4. Life cycle of Java Beans 5. What does Finalize do in Java ? 6. Interface vs Abstract class 7. what is Inversion of Control 8. How would you inject dependency in Spring ?

1 Answer

As long as you follow STAR and understand the concepts, you will make it far. The problem solving question was the most difficult, primarily because it was over the phone. It was a 3 part question and I didn't get the entire problem correct, but I had the correct approach.

4150 of 1,116 Interview Questions