Director Interview Questions in Jersey City, NJ | Glassdoor

Director Interview Questions in Jersey City, NJ

"When applying for a position as a director, be prepared to have your leadership skills and judgement tested by many case studies. These scenarios help employers understand what kind of leader you will be for a team or department at their company, so confidence, quick thinking, and examples of how you have fixed similar problems in the past will be highly advantageous towards receiving an offer."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Described my work experience?

1 Answer

How will you approach a situation selling to tier-2 companies instead of the tier-1 firms you currently target?

Why was I laid off during subprime mortgage crisis? A: I was in mortgage industry, which was suffering effects of mortgage crisis. (Hello. Obvious?) Why couldn't I find another job in the meantime? A: Wasn't looking for next job due to family situation. My elderly mother broke both legs, which was a major catastrophe for the entire family. (Stupid questions, I know. #1 has obvious, not-connected-with-my-performance answer. #2 has many an equally obvious answer, which was also not my answer: 'Mortgage market isn't hiring anywhere. No housing starts. No new construction. No new mortgage loans. No RMBS securitizations. US mortgages were, at that time, DEAD." etc. etc. etc.)

How would I deal with problems, either technical or human.

What is one thing you are excited to do in this role that you haven't been able to do in previous roles?

Where do you believe your skills best fit within the company?