Director Interview Questions in Jersey City, NJ | Glassdoor

Director Interview Questions in Jersey City, NJ

"When applying for a position as a director, be prepared to have your leadership skills and judgement tested by many case studies. These scenarios help employers understand what kind of leader you will be for a team or department at their company, so confidence, quick thinking, and examples of how you have fixed similar problems in the past will be highly advantageous towards receiving an offer."

Top Interview Questions

How would I tackle a specific situation in a certain department?

3 Answers

The challenge with the question is that were supposedly looking for an outsider to come in and take a fresh look at things, so many of the terms and steps were unfamiliar to me. It was a bit like the interview team wasn't on the same page about the role. I answered it in more of a generic fashion.

I would learn as much as I could about the situation in the department then use the knowlage I had gained to solve the problem

I will go to the department and will talk to the staff to get to know about the situation. If i can solve the situation i will solve it right there.

Describe what roles you would want to take on after this role and your ideal top position.

1 Answer

How will you approach a situation selling to tier-2 companies instead of the tier-1 firms you currently target?

There weren't difficult questions, however, the team was oriented towards test driven development so you have to have right experience and mindset.

Question regarding the design - Abstract Factory pattern implementation (Code). Consumer/Producer design pattern pseudo code, concurrency question: How to implement consumer/producer with new JDK 5 (at that time - JDK 5 was new). Questions regarding Spring - difference between SimpleJdbcTemplate and JdbcTemplate. Nothing in particular that would stumble you or caught off gaurd.

Questions about how you would think about pricing and why would you do it that way.

Why was I laid off during subprime mortgage crisis? A: I was in mortgage industry, which was suffering effects of mortgage crisis. (Hello. Obvious?) Why couldn't I find another job in the meantime? A: Wasn't looking for next job due to family situation. My elderly mother broke both legs, which was a major catastrophe for the entire family. (Stupid questions, I know. #1 has obvious, not-connected-with-my-performance answer. #2 has many an equally obvious answer, which was also not my answer: 'Mortgage market isn't hiring anywhere. No housing starts. No new construction. No new mortgage loans. No RMBS securitizations. US mortgages were, at that time, DEAD." etc. etc. etc.)

List 25 reasons why you would Why would you want to work here?

1 Answer

I don't recall any difficult or unexpected questions. However, I was surprised during my last interview with the partner in charge of the department when he told me that they would be making me an offer. I had never experienced being told of a forthcoming offer during the interview process.

110 of 33 Interview Questions