Director Interview Questions in Jersey City, NJ | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Director

Director Interview Questions in Jersey City, NJ

"When applying for a position as a director, be prepared to have your leadership skills and judgement tested by many case studies. These scenarios help employers understand what kind of leader you will be for a team or department at their company, so confidence, quick thinking, and examples of how you have fixed similar problems in the past will be highly advantageous towards receiving an offer."

Top Interview Questions

Don't recall exact specifics, but they want to know that you are willing and able to make calls (though they don't specify it's with your own phone without compensation for that, including calling/answering on your days off), that you are a go getter and are able to make the sale, and your history. Mine had the gall to repeatedly ask if my previous commission earnings were accurate. I made a lot of money in the past elsewhere and took on this position both out of necessity and interest in learning about franchises.

I don't recall any difficult or unexpected questions. However, I was surprised during my last interview with the partner in charge of the department when he told me that they would be making me an offer. I had never experienced being told of a forthcoming offer during the interview process.

List 25 reasons why you would Why would you want to work here?

1 Answer

Why was I laid off during subprime mortgage crisis? A: I was in mortgage industry, which was suffering effects of mortgage crisis. (Hello. Obvious?) Why couldn't I find another job in the meantime? A: Wasn't looking for next job due to family situation. My elderly mother broke both legs, which was a major catastrophe for the entire family. (Stupid questions, I know. #1 has obvious, not-connected-with-my-performance answer. #2 has many an equally obvious answer, which was also not my answer: 'Mortgage market isn't hiring anywhere. No housing starts. No new construction. No new mortgage loans. No RMBS securitizations. US mortgages were, at that time, DEAD." etc. etc. etc.)

Questions about how you would think about pricing and why would you do it that way.

Question regarding the design - Abstract Factory pattern implementation (Code). Consumer/Producer design pattern pseudo code, concurrency question: How to implement consumer/producer with new JDK 5 (at that time - JDK 5 was new). Questions regarding Spring - difference between SimpleJdbcTemplate and JdbcTemplate. Nothing in particular that would stumble you or caught off gaurd.

There weren't difficult questions, however, the team was oriented towards test driven development so you have to have right experience and mindset.

How will you approach a situation selling to tier-2 companies instead of the tier-1 firms you currently target?