Graphic Designer Interview Questions in Jersey City, NJ | Glassdoor
Graphic Designer Interview Questions in Jersey City, NJ

Graphic Designer Interview Questions in Jersey City, NJ

In preparation for an interview, come ready to discuss your portfolio at length as well as your design process and what design software you are familiar with. Graphic design positions can be very specific to the company so make sure you brush up on the company's current design style and are ready to explain how your style and experience will mesh.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What to you bring to the table that places you as an active asset far above any other candidate we have had in the past?

1 Answer

I am a seasoned and well rounded artist; not isolated in the digital world. Besides CAD and digital illustrations, I do hand lettering, paint, screen print, calligraphy and I love teaching--I share information. I am also a mature adult, not a younger guy looking to land a temporary job before moving on to greener pastures; I am engaged and committed to my employer. I had my own business venture at one point, and my goal is to be the employee I always wanted to have. Having listened to you I know I share your vision; I see how this company developed out of humble beginnings and the road up to this point has been anything but boring. You have come a long way, and there is still much work to be done--I am also a certified compute and network technician. We need to get workers off the line behind the fax machine, network these desktops, place a workstation in the showroom and in the production area--information has to be accessible and has to flow seamlessly throughout the departments. We need have access to the database from any workstation--no more climbing stairs to obtain information. You have all these paper catalogs--lets get them scanned into your own label of standardized designs in digital format that can be distributed at practically no cost once its published. For technically challenged customers, we can have physical libraries printed and mailed out to them on an as needed basis through Amazon or Lulu.com. I know the potential of this company and would be excited to become part of the Burns Bros family.

Why do you want to do business? (when I never applied for a business job)