Project Manager Interview Questions in Jersey City, NJ | Glassdoor

Project Manager Interview Questions in Jersey City, NJ

As a project manager, it is your job to oversee the creation and execution of company projects and ensure that all team members stay on track to meet deadlines. Expect interview questions that will assess your ability to lead a group and communicate effectively to members with different roles and varying concerns. As the scope, schedule, and cost of a project can change frequently, the interviewer may ask you to role-play a few scenarios in which a project deadline changes or several group members leave the company.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

I was asked to tell about a typical day at my recent client engagement. The work at my recent client engagement did not correlate to the role I was interviewing for. Unfortunately he continued to focus on the role, instead of asking questions about my previous engagement which was similar to the role with his organization. Unexpected Questions: Please explain, "What is a Sprint Planning Meeting"? Please explain "Planning Poker".

1 Answer

The interviewers were clearly NOT Scrum Practitioners ~ based on the answers I gave, and questions I asked in return, it was clear that they are pretending to do SCRUM. One interviewer didn't understand WHY the Product Owner would review the "User Stories" and then break them down into individual tasks: things that will take a couple of hours. Answer: The Scrum team needs that kind of granularity so that everyone knows in detail, what they should do over the next two weeks (SPRINT). For beginning SCRUM teams, its useful to break the stores down into specific technical tasks and estimate the tasks into hours. The interviewer spent over five minutes attempting to understand 'WHY'. A good SCRUM Master and Product Owner knows It simply helps to clarify the work and flush our more details.

Do you like basketball which I never had the chance to answer since the CD's couldn't agree if the question was relevant or not?

1 Answer

How would you handle a team that was totally disinterested in participating in the overall department's approach and culture?

1 Answer

Why would you want to work here?

1 Answer

How often do your projects not go as planned?

Describe how you handle projects start to finish

Why are you leaving your current position or employment.

What specific experiences do you have that are compatible with our team

1 Answer

Describe your Past experience. Have you used Qlikview before in other projects? What is your data warehousing background? Have you worked in Maintenance Projects before. What were the challenges you faced during the process?