Juvenile probation officer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Juvenile probation officer Interview Questions

juvenile probation officer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

If faced with violence from the juveniles how would you handle it?

3 Answers

There is no right answer other than making sure to articulate that it is unacceptable to strike a resident in anything other than the most extreme situations.

Instantly try to restrain and calm

As a JPO, it is your duty to gain total control of a violent situation with the least amount of force as possible as quickly as possible. Many juveniles resort to anger due to an inability to understand the thoughts and feelings they are experiencing; that is why it is crucial to maintain control and attempt to diffuse the situation to prevent further escalation.

What would you do to prepare your self for court? How to deal with a upset parent? How do you prioritize your time management skills?

2 Answers

If one of your co-workers was falling behind on deal lines for completing necessary paperwork, is it your obligation to assist.

2 Answers

How would I handle a abused child and parent?

2 Answers

What experience do you think you have that would help with this job?

1 Answer

What community resources are there for a child and parent and how can I find more programs?

1 Answer

Something along the line of my knowledge of what HCJPD was doing when it comes to the delinquency process and how it compared to other states across the US.

1 Answer

How do you handle stress?

1 Answer

How would I calm down an angry parent?

What are your strengths?