kCura Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

kCura Marketing Interview Questions

3.3

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at kCura (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Really relaxed interview- you will interview with 3 people and get a tour of the office. Don't dress up too much or you will stick out like a sore thumb.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for kCura

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at kCura (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied through the company website. I was emailed by an HR Rep to set up a phone screen. It went well and she immediately set up date for a phone interview with the Hiring Manager. The phone interview with the Hiring Manager was very detailed. She asked very specific questions about the role I currently had. She also asked me to give examples of other companies whose marketing strategies I did not think were a success, and I had to give her very specific answers on why I thought that. After the phone interview, the HR Rep contacted me to let me know the Hiring Manager wanted a writing sample. I submitted it, and after a couple days the HR Rep asked me to come in for an in person interview, and to bring a PowerPoint presentation based on the topic of my writing sample. I came in for a half day, 4.5 hour interview with 8 different employees. The first round was with the Hiring Manager and her boss. They went through my entire resume in great detail, asked what I learned at each job and what I wish I could change. They also asked me for the hours I worked at each job, which I thought was odd. They spent so much time discussing my first jobs out of college, that we barely had any time to discuss my most recent jobs, which were very similar to the role I applied for. At the end of the 1st round, I went through my prepared presentation, which they critiqued. When it was time for questions, I asked the Hiring Manager what she thought of my writing sample, and what kinds of documents I would be expected to write. She said that no writing is required for this position, they have an entire communications team. So basically she just asked for a writing sample to test me on a job function that isn't required of this role. Then I met with the 6 other team members, in 3 more rounds of interviews. I will say that each of these interviewers was very nice and respectful. In each round they asked me questions based on the kCura core values. They gave me examples of situations, and I had to respond what I would do in each situation. They also asked questions where I had to think of time when a certain situation happened to me in a previous role, what I did and what the outcome was, and what I would change etc. By the end of those 3 rounds, I was running out of examples to give and the questions just seemed repetitive. Overall, I think this whole interview should have been scheduled for half the amount of time, 4.5 hrs was too long. After the interview, the Hiring Manager called me to follow up. I assumed there was something she forgot to ask me during the interview. Instead, she said that when the team met to discuss my interview, they noticed that I asked a lot of questions. She said that this was a 'red flag'. She wanted to know if I had some concern with the company or the role. I replied that I was just doing my homework and trying to find out as much as possible about the role and the company to make sure it was good fit on both ends. I was pretty surprised by this, all the other companies I have ever interviewed for want you to ask questions and show an interest in the role/company. I know that at kCura they pride themselves on only hiring the best of the best, but overall the entire process was too long and redundant, and I did get the same impression that many other Glassdoor reviews mentioned, that they are very 'cliquey'. My advice to them is to remember that anyone worth hiring is not going to want to jump through all these hoops for a job. There are a lot of great companies out there.

Interview Questions

• What would your supervisor say that you had to improve on if I called him? What are some mistakes you made in that role? Give me an example of an idea you had that failed. What were the hours your worked at each job?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at kCura in May 2012.

Interview

I first applied in late February using an online application that consisted of a series of questions and creative writing essays. I contacted the company in late March when I hadn´t heard from them and was connected to the HR contact for the position. Since we hit it off on the phone, she gave me a phone interview later that week and arranged the subsequent phone interview with the hiring manager. I had another phone interview followed series of essays to write before they flew me out to meet the team in mid-April. I had an intense 3.5 hour interview with the entire team which focused on how I met the company´s core values and how I got along with the team members. One of the team members wasn´t in the office that day so I had a phone interview with him when I returned home later that week. Finally, I was requested to give an online demonstration of the product. There were some IT issues on their end which cut my preparation time in half, but I managed to give a strong presentation anyway. I received my offer two days later and happily signed.

Although the process was very long, I was happy the company took the time to ensure that there would a be good fit on both sides. After our initial conversation, my HR contact was great about maintaining timely contact and keeping me in the loop for each stage of the process. Since my role is writing-based, the writing portions were a welcome opportunity to showcase my skills.

Interview Questions

• What were you thinking when you selected the font on your resume?   1 Answer
    • What are examples of marketing that you felt worked? What examples of marketing campaigns did you feel were ineffective?   1 Answer
    • What does humility mean to you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate $1k more than the initial offered salary by offering a range, but didn´t ask for an increase since the benefits package is very strong.