kate spade Interview Questions | Glassdoor

kate spade Interview Questions

Updated Sep 18, 2017

2.4

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at kate spade.

Interview

I applied online and a few days later was called to set up an in-person interview. They asked me a few questions on the phone before we set up the interview. I went in and interviewed with the store manager. After the first interview I had a second interview with a store manager of another store over the phone. After the second interview I had a final interview, again over the phone, with the district manager for the store I'd be working for. Then I was called a few days later and offered the position. The whole process took about 2.5 weeks and each conversation lasted about an hour or more.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at kate spade (Houston, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

Online application was quick and to the point and then the in person interview was great . No pressure at all , just general questions about your personality and selling experience.

Inter Interview

Interview

The Pr manager seemed very impatient, like she had better things to do. The hr coordinator was very friendly and we had a great conversation. I never received a call which is very unprofessional for a company of their stature. The experience could have been better.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at kate spade (Orlando, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was called by the store manager a few days later where I did a short phone interview and then was asked to come in for an in person interview. It was a 1:1 interview in the back room where I was asked basic retail questions such as why I wanted to work there, why I liked the company, customer scenarios, etc. The interview was very relaxed and lasted around a total of 30 minutes. Make sure you have your references up to date and let them know that they'll most likely be contacted.

Exactly one week after my interview, I was called back and offered a position.

Interview Questions

• What is something a Kate Spade girl would bring on a vacation?   Answer Question

Assistant Store Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at kate spade (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview was standard and nothing out of the ordinary. I had a second interview and was told I'd be contacted by the district manager. After a couple of weeks I heard nothing and reached out via email to inquire about the status of the position and got no response. This lack of follow up with a candidate that took the time to interview twice is completely unprofessional and I would've expected better communication. I have several years of management experience. I've conducted a lot of interviews and would never lead someone to believe there'd be follow up, fail to contact them and not respond to their email inquiry.

Interview Questions

• How would you work with the Store Leader to achieve goals and objectives?   Answer Question

Freelance Makeup Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at kate spade (New York, NY).

Interview

To get hired as a freelance makeup artist, one must either be represented by an agency that books the job for you or you come through personal recommendation of the photographer or art director. There is no job posting or interview.

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at kate spade (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online through the Kate Spade NY website. Application was very easy to submit. Received a call the next day from the Training Manager. He was very friendly and welcoming. Mostly asked questions based on my resume. On that same day, we scheduled a second interview with another manager of the store and got hired on the spot. Very easy and quick process!

Interview Questions

• Where do you get your fashion inspiration from? (magazine, celebrity, etc.)   Answer Question
    • What would you do in the event that you see a customer put something in their purse?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at kate spade in April 2017.

Interview

The interview was fairly easy. It was a group interview. There were four of us. The Store Leader interviewed us. She was hiring thirty new sales associates for a new Kate Spade Outlet that was opening in a few weeks ahead. She asked just a few questions for example, do you have retail experience? How would you provide good customer service? What does the brand mean to you and what makes you want to work here?

Interview Questions

• How would you provide good customer service with our clients?   1 Answer
    • What does the brand mean to you and what makes you want to work here?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at kate spade.

Interview

I talked with the manager and she was super sweet, had to pick out an outfit for her from the store that I thought she would like. Told me a lot about her life during the interview, and asked lots of questions about my previous job.

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest thing you had to deal with at your previous place of employment?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at kate spade.

Interview

Difficult day and works, but this job can provide you a great customer service experience, and also that can improve your patience, reliability and responsibility. I like this sale job, even not make too many money, but it is still a good job. I hope some day I can improved.