Kitchen Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Kitchen Manager Interview Questions

"As a kitchen manager you will be responsible for managing the work environment of all kitchen staff from cooks to dishwashers. Employers look for candidates with strong leadership skills, past experience, and the ability to communicate the needs of a kitchen with management. Prepare for interview questions that ask about hypothetical situations, past experience, and health and safety standards."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

After we walked through the restaurant he asked what were some of the things I saw

1 Answer

I didn't want to flat out tell him everything I saw was being done wrong or everything I saw was dirty. I told him I saw a few cleaning opportunities and he said, "Good, I want all of them, don't hold back". I was pretty straight forward from that point on

If you were to try to dicipline an employee, would you wait until after the shift was over, or do it right then and there

1 Answer

How to deal with employees who are not working to a satisfactory level.

1 Answer

He started asking me mathmatical questions ..ex:how many pints in quart, how many quarts to a gallon etc...

1 Answer

He asked me if I was telling him the truth?

1 Answer

There were no really difficult questions to speak of because I wasn't asked too many myself in my experience, at least in my interview with the company. But that was when they were with a great "Holding" company by the name of Darden restaurants LLC.

1 Answer

they ask if you have eaten there before

1 Answer

Explain how I handled a stressful situation at my previous job

1 Answer

One of the few job related questions I was asked was if I certified in first aid.

1 Answer

when you see a employee breaking a rule how do you handle the situation

110 of 95 Interview Questions